Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies De-DRM'd Movie shows up in RENTED

Hi there,
    I just tried the de-DRM feature with a rented iTunes movie. Now after running the program and copying the mp4 file to a location of my choice, I wanted to reimport the movie into my iTunes library.

Now my Problem is: The movie shows up in RENTED. There I got the one I rented (like 44 hours left) and the other one.

When I reopen iTunes, it says "Rented move has expired" and it deletes the movie and the file on disk.

So is there anything I am missing? Can't I add this de-DRM'd movie to my movie collection?

Please send me a PM with the name of the movie. Sorry there was some problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It is normal for iTunes to remove the rented file, processing it means to iTunes that it has been played back. It should not have deleted the processed (output) file however. Will try it myself to see if I can duplicate this.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe what happens is, that iTunes "thinks" the de-DRM'd file is the rented file and when iTunes considers you have no right to keep the file, it deletes it.

The question is, what can I do, so that iTunes does not recognize the processed file as a rental?

Comment

We are experimenting with this. I think I would first suggest renaming the output file or storing a copy of it in a different place. The developers say iTunes should not be able to delete the copy you made.

Comment

I wainted until the rental time expired. Now if I readd the de-DRM'd movie to my iTunes library, it again shows under "RENTALS".

I copied the movie to a different location. I renamed the file. I can watch the movie, when I click on "PLAY" in the Rental Sections.

When I close and reopen iTunes a message box appears, telling me that the rental time for this particular movie has expired. And removed the movie from my library, deleting the renamed file on my NAS.

So the acutal de-DRM Process is working, but it is not possible to readd this movie to my iTunes library, since the movie is still recognized as a rental and therefore expired.

Maybe it is some kind of tag or flag that is used by Apple...
            Don't know what else to do.

Comment

Update:
              I imported the de-DRM'd movie into the Audials 2017 library. There I clicked on "search for movie tags". I picked the movie and saved the tags.
              I then could add the movie to iTunes and it showed as "Movie". Even closing and opening iTunes didn't delete the movie from my NAS.

Therefore I believe, there is a tag somewhere, that marks the movie as a "rental".

For the time being, I keep both files on harddrive. If you like more file analysis, please contact me via PM.

Comment

Will do, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I tried the last post from GriefHard. But I got an error saving the tag information. Then I tried deleting the tag info in explorer details. Now I can't import it in iTunes (not imported) - what can I do? (Film, germany: Snowden)

DVDFab 10.0.5.2 / Audials 2017.1.76.7500 / iTunes 12.6.2.20

Comment

update MetaX no success

Comment

Any update for this Problem???

Comment

Working...
                      X