General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies General Question

First I wanted to say thanks for the updates, to allow DRM process to run error free, what a difference. Understanding that different movies can take more or less time to be finished using the DVD Creator is there say a "average time". The reason I ask is because the DRM removal takes only maybe 13 minutes, the converter takes a short amount of time. The DVD creator is the process that seems to be the time consuming one. For example I download the HD version from ITunes simply for the quality, and burn to dvd 9 with a DL disk. Every movie seems to take 2:25 to 3:15 minutes to go through the Creator process, then maybe 15 minutes to write. I have tried using common settings to speed up that one process by switching the number of processors to work from 8 to 4 since most programs are written for 4 core cpu. That helped with the FPS from 18.26 to 18.32 but time wise no change that I could see. I've added 2 screen shots one running on default settings for # of processors and one after switching setting to only four. You can see the FPS change and the actual number of cores being used increased from 1 to 4.

So my question is what if anything I can change in my settings to shorten the Creator Time or is this it, it's a great product. the Movie I was testing was the new Spider-Man Homecoming movie which by the way contains CINAVIA so please add it to the fix it list .

screenshot 1 set with 8 cores running

screenshot 2 with 4 cores running you can see the change in fps and core movement Thanks for any advice.

my pc is running a, AMD ZX-9370 Eight-Core Processor 4.40 GHz

32.0 GB DDR3 memory AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Graphics

Windows 10 64 bit GIGABITE 990FXA-UD3 Motherboard

Liquid Cooled by LEPA aquachanger 120

120GB SSD Boot Drive and 2TB Storage Drive

2 LG Burners all tucked inside a COOLERMASTER COSMOS SE Tower

with 5 cooling fans
    Attached Files

With my early Intel i7 laptop (2670Q CPU), Creator encodes a de-DRMd iTunes HD movie at 275-300 fps, about 9 minutes (7300MB), so the slow speed you are seeing may be partially hardware related. Note that this is with the Source and Target on different physical drives and CUDA acceleration for decoding only.. If you are reading and writing the same drive, try using different ones, especially the putting the Source on the SSD might work well. There aren't any settings in DVDFab that I'm aware of that could make so much difference.

Performance ranking of Intel vs.AMD CPUs: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rchy,4312.html
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK thanks Mr. Signals, I tried separating the two and then I disabled all GPU codec's and that did the trick. So now down to about 15 minutes. Not bad for a 4 year old build.(lol)
      but I am a AMD fan until I die.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_01.png
Views:	435
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	342321

Comment

Glad that it worked, 15 minutes is certainly more than acceptable. But learn to love Intel+nvidia, the combo is hard to beat for video manipulation
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X