Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Apple failing

Hi

I've just installed DRM removal for apple and have downloaded a couple of films from my apple account.

They play fine in iTunes but when I try and run the DRM it fails.

What I have noticed is that although iTunes is closed it seems to pop open then shut about 3 times after I press start then it fails.

iTunes is version 19.9.6.3

I've attached the log below please let me know if you need any other logs.

Attached Files

When you started up iTunes and tried to playback the video/films, did you receive any popup box asking you to update, authorize or offering you some kind of warning?
    You will need to login or authorize iTunes.
    And if you got any popup box, set it to not show again.

Comment

Hi Mona

No pop-up or messages computer is fully authorised.

The films play fine in iTunes

I have just been testing again and I have tried one film 5 times and suddenly it worked. I moved the files once done and tried it again and it's failing again.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JC121 View Post
        Hi Mona

No pop-up or messages computer is fully authorised.

The films play fine in iTunes

I have just been testing again and I have tried one film 5 times and suddenly it worked. I moved the files once done and tried it again and it's failing again.

J
        Hi, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file and drm log file, thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona

Here are the files.

I tried to do anther run today and it converted 2 files but failed on all the rest. The 2 which worked have been failing for the last few day.

Thanks

James
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mona

I've just replied to your PM with the extra info you wanted. Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

I just renewed my subscription to the Apple DRM removal module and I am experiencing this exact same problem. What should I do next?

Comment

Same for me, and i bought the DRM removal only in october so i'm very disappointed.
                I tried M4VGear and all is working.
                Thanks DVDfab to have make me waste 44,90 euros ...

Comment

Hi there, we are sorry for the trouble you've gotten with DRM Removal. If you are using the latest iTunes version 12.10.1.4, please roll back to a previous iTunes version as a workaround. We will look into the issue with the latest iTunes as soon as possible.

If you are using other versions of iTunes but have the issue too, please describe what happened during the process, and attach the dvdfab_internal.log file and drm_internal.log file to help analyze it, thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately, that does not work either. I removed iTunes and installed version 12.4.3, which is available on the Apple support site. Now when I attempt to decrypt a file, it immediately fails without attempting to open iTunes and play first. I reinstalled DVDFab and it did not do anything. Log file is attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FredH View Post
                      Unfortunately, that does not work either. I removed iTunes and installed version 12.4.3, which is available on the Apple support site. Now when I attempt to decrypt a file, it immediately fails without attempting to open iTunes and play first. I reinstalled DVDFab and it did not do anything. Log file is attached.
                      Please attached the other log file named drm_internal too. Thanks.

Comment

Attached are the requested files: dvdfab_internal.log drm_internal.log

Comment

Originally posted by FredH View Post
                          Attached are the requested files: [ATTACH]n373912[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n373913[/ATTACH]
                          16:20:54 Info: "[Video DrmRemoval]Removal fail:8:m4v_api_failed!"
                          Please go to where you installed DVDFab 11, find under ConvertFile folder and see if there are fabios.exe and fabios64.exe; if these two files are not there, please remove DVDFab, download a fresh one, install and run it as administrator, you will also need to add DVDFab and these files to the whitelist or trust list of the antivirus software so that DVDFab won't be blocked during the process.

Comment

I'm having the same problem.
                            It looks like iTunes isn't even opening.
                            Usually iTunes opens and closes quickly.
                            I've included the log files

Update:
                            I now get iTunes opening and closing as usual but still fails.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by KAPearson; 10-24-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Both fabios.exe and fabios64.exe were in the DVDFab ConvertFile folder. I just installed 11.5.6 as administrator and nothing works. iTunes does not open when I try to decrypt.

Comment

Working...
                              X