Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - DVDFab says the future of DRM Removal product is unkown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning - DVDFab says the future of DRM Removal product is unkown.

After complaining about the lack of DRM Removal updates to allow usage on the latest iTunes, and the lack of information from DVDFab on this forum, I emailed DVDFab support requesting to know what's going on. And to my surprise I was suddenly given a refund for my lifetime license.

I replied to the refund notice by informing DVDFab that I hadn't asked for a refund, and just wanted to know the status of the product and whether or not it had abandoned, and here was their response:

"We do not know when the fix for the latest itunes version will be offered. We do not know if it will be abandonded (even though we have not heard anything about this). Thus it is better for us to refund you now."
    DVDFab Service Team

So I accepted the refund and just wanted to let everyone else know what's going on since information from DVDFab seems to have been halted on this forum.

Hi, thank you for your feedback regardig DRM Removal for Apple. We are sorry for not updating this product to make it compatible with the latest version of iTunes sooner. We are planning to update DRM Removal for Apple Windows version at the end of April. Our developer team will not abandon this product, on the contrary, we are going to expand it in the future. It is currently under development. We would appreciate your patience and support.

For now, you can use an earlier version of iTunes version V12.9.0.167 to have a try, it can be downloaded using the url below, it's been tested and work well.
    https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...nes64Setup.exe
    When you install this version, please make sure you don't install it in the same place as the other iTunes version, create a new folder and install it in there.

Comment

Mona, by saying "we are going to expand it in the future" do you mean it will have support for more media providers other than Apple/iTunes?

Comment

Mona, then why was I forced to accept a refund even though I didn't want one?

There is multiple correspondence between myself and Ashley Liu of the DVDFab Service Team, and if you review it you'll see I was simply asking for the information you just gave us, but was told "Thus it is better for us to refund you now."

And by the way, my license was immediately cancelled, and I haven't yet received a refund. So now I have nothing.

If I'd simply been told you were working on it, I would have believed you and waited awhile longer. But since I was told a refund was the better option, and there hadn't been any response from DVDFab on this forum for quite awhile, I simply figured Ashley was correct.

So please, either restore my license, or give me my refund. At this point I'm thoroughly confused and disappointed with DVDFab.

Comment

Hi HelloHowdy, some other users don't like to wait, so sometime we will offer refund for purchases made recently. Even after refund, you can still order the product again in the future.
          Sorry for again any confusion and inconvenience caused to you. You can contact me in the future regarding this product if you have more question.

Comment

Originally posted by jkadlec View Post
            Mona, by saying "we are going to expand it in the future" do you mean it will have support for more media providers other than Apple/iTunes?
            Hi jkadlec, I can't offer much information to you at the moment, but please keep an eye on our website about this product, thank you for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi HelloHowdy, some other users don't like to wait, so sometime we will offer refund for purchases made recently. Even after refund, you can still order the product again in the future.
              Sorry for again any confusion and inconvenience caused to you. You can contact me in the future regarding this product if you have more question.
              Thank you for your response Mona.

But as I said I never received a refund. The only thing that happened was my lifetime license was immediately cancelled.

In addition to this fact, I purchased the DRM Removal lifetime license when it was on sale, so even if I do eventually receive a refund I don't know if DRM Removal will cost the same.

So if DVDFab hasn't issued the refund please don't, and simply restore my license. But if it has issued the refund, if I eventually get it can I just return it and have my license restored?

I'm a long time DVDFab customer, and though there are cheaper DRM Removal products available, I'd rather stay with DVDFab because until this incident your company has been responsive and reliable. So I'd rather spend a little more to purchase from a company I know and trust.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloHowdy View Post

Thank you for your response Mona.

But as I said I never received a refund. The only thing that happened was my lifetime license was immediately cancelled.

In addition to this fact, I purchased the DRM Removal lifetime license when it was on sale, so even if I do eventually receive a refund I don't know if DRM Removal will cost the same.

So if DVDFab hasn't issued the refund please don't, and simply restore my license. But if it has issued the refund, if I eventually get it can I just return it and have my license restored?

I'm a long time DVDFab customer, and though there are cheaper DRM Removal products available, I'd rather stay with DVDFab because until this incident your company has been responsive and reliable. So I'd rather spend a little more to purchase from a company I know and trust.
                Hi HelloHowdy, thank you for your support for DVDFab. According to the record, your order was refunded, normally you shall receive it within 5 business days. Regarding the price for DRM Removal, you can contact me when you decide to purchase again, I will offer you the same discount/price as before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  ....We are planning to update DRM Removal for Apple Windows version at the end of April. Our developer team will not abandon this product, on the contrary, we are going to expand it in the future. It is currently under development. We would appreciate your patience and support.
                  Hi Mona, Quick question... As I read this, an update will be coming at the end of April.. Is that correct? Will it allow for compatibility with newer versions of iTunes?

When you mention expand it in the future... will that come with the "end of April" update? or will it be sometime after April? And finally, will those expansions be announced here in a thread, or just on the main product web site?

Comment

Updates and new features are generally announced both on the website and in the release notes for the version of DVDFab in which they appear here in the forum. The forum is usually first. Just read the changelog for each release of DVDFab.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X