Crashing DVDFab products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing DVDFab products

The odds are slim that anybody else will run into this problem, but I'll post here just in case.

For quite a while both my DVDFab rippers and media players would crash with 0x codes as soon as I tried running them. I tried a fresh Win7 install with no change. I also tried some other apps and, while they worked, I much preferred DFDFab. A few days ago I tried fresh windows install once more.

I nuked all my drives (a 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, and 4 WD drives...two 500's and 2 640's...set up in a pair of RAID 0 arrays} and reinstalled my Win7 Pro. As soon as I got the desktop, I installed and tested Media Player 3 and it worked. Then I began installing drivers and checking the player as I went and when I installed my SATA 3 driver, the crash returned. I uninstalled it, the player worked so I left the driver out. It's been problem free for 3 days now. Also, I haven't noticed any lag using the native Win7 hard drive setup. A benchmark would probably show some, but I don't give a damn.

I'm running an Asrock Z-270 Gaming K6 motherboard and the driver from Asrock is an ASMedia SATA3 driver ver:2.0.8.0.

There it is. I am now a happy puppy.

Thanks for the feedback, it may help someone in the future! I have added tags to your post since they can be used for searches.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you kindly signals. You're a fine human being.

Comment

I have two systems with Asus motherboards with ASMedia Sata3 chipsets and the ASMedia Win 10 drivers for both systems have caused me many problems in the past (though not with any DVDFab products). I also run the Windows native drivers and actually get better performance with the Win drivers than with ASMedia drivers, so I think they have buggy drivers across multi-platforms.

Comment

Thanks for the additional feedback LB.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X