Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with uploading data in case of special byte code.

First sorry about the double post, I didn't see the message that it was awaiting approval.

When trying to upload meta data i get the following warning for some disc's
    upload failed (please check your network settings).

Looking at the XML file generated (opened with notepad++) i see a special character in the volume name.
    - Internet explorer is not able to visualize the content.
    - in the GUI of Meta collection this character is not visible.

if needed i can provide this XML file(but for the moment i can not post attachments).

Tested with version 9.2.2.3 and 9.2.2.4

Comment

I do not think the non-alphabetic character should prevent the upload, but it is possible. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session generated during this attempted upload (or any that give you the Upload Failed message). There is nothing in your forum account that should prevent you from uploading here. Follow the instructions linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Logfiles for one of the discs that fails to upload

Found multiple disc all having the same issue.
        All having that invisible character.

I also added the XML file of one of the discs.
        And the error message if it is opened by XML notepad.

dvdfab_internal.log

fabcheck_internal.log

17E279DD29ADD9FA5D40873083C9EEE4FD22E7A1F.xml

xmlnotepad error.PNG

Comment

I have the Mac version 9.2.2.0, and I don't seem to have the Media Info selection under the General tab in the Common Settings window. Is this a Windows only option? I would hope it is note. In addition, some of the non-default common settings checkboxes don't "stick" as being set.

Is there a beta available that addresses these issues?

regards,

Comment

RE:Problem with uploading data in case of special byte code.

Just tested with the version 9.2.2.6 but still have the same problem.

Originally posted by walguru View Post
            Found multiple disc all having the same issue.
            All having that invisible character.

I also added the XML file of one of the discs.
            And the error message if it is opened by XML notepad.

[ATTACH]14471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14474[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              If you have a general question about this new feature, please post it in this thread.
              Where are the rules that state what all the types mean and what to enter in each field.

I'm looking at the Falling Skies Blu Rays, for one thing they all have Play Alls which contain every episode as well as titles for each episode.

So far I've seen two ways of handling that, one is the set the play all as an extra feature/special movie mode the other is to list it as an episode and enter the episodes range in the description.

The other problem is, someone wrote "Falling Skies" in each of the descriptions for each episode, while someone else wrote the actual names of each episode. Which is correct?

What are menu backgrounds supposed to be listed as? I've looked through all the options and there's nothing that suits it.

A lot of the documentaries have actual names, shouldn't they be in the description, or do they go in the file names?

I uploaded Info for Season 1, maybe we get a different disc version in my country, but when I look at the file names DVDFab has created they're all named after the disc, rather than the series. If I load metadata from the database the file names are all just called "Falling Skies". I tried deleting the metadata from the temporary directory and reloading the discs but nothing had changed, so I tried renaming the files and saving the metadata again, but I disc got the disc names instead of the series.

Comment

Right there it is, anyway, some things I forgot to add. Someone added Season 6 to the season disc of season 3. I'm assuming they put the disc number there rather than the season number, how do I go about getting that corrected?

I wasn't very clear on the last point, the files produced from my season 1 discs are all called "FALLING SKIES SEASON 1 DISC 1.S01E01" yet for all the other seasons (which all get metadata from the database) the files end up being called FALLING_SKIES.S02E01, is that something I've done wrong or is it a property of the discs?

Comment

Originally posted by ndjamena View Post
                  Where are the rules that state what all the types mean and what to enter in each field.

I'm looking at the Falling Skies Blu Rays, for one thing they all have Play Alls which contain every episode as well as titles for each episode.

So far I've seen two ways of handling that, one is the set the play all as an extra feature/special movie mode the other is to list it as an episode and enter the episodes range in the description.

The other problem is, someone wrote "Falling Skies" in each of the descriptions for each episode, while someone else wrote the actual names of each episode. Which is correct?

What are menu backgrounds supposed to be listed as? I've looked through all the options and there's nothing that suits it.

A lot of the documentaries have actual names, shouldn't they be in the description, or do they go in the file names?

I uploaded Info for Season 1, maybe we get a different disc version in my country, but when I look at the file names DVDFab has created they're all named after the disc, rather than the series. If I load metadata from the database the file names are all just called "Falling Skies". I tried deleting the metadata from the temporary directory and reloading the discs but nothing had changed, so I tried renaming the files and saving the metadata again, but I disc got the disc names instead of the series.
                  try here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28200

Comment

Originally posted by ndjamena View Post

This is not good data, it will need to edited and corrected. On an Episode disc, the Play All should be considered an extra feature if each episode is listed. I think most users would prefer an Episode number in the description, what is your thinking on this issue?

What are menu backgrounds supposed to be listed as? I've looked through all the options and there's nothing that suits it.[/quotte]In the Metas that I have done I generally list them as Extra Feature->Artwork.
                    A lot of the documentaries have actual names, shouldn't they be in the description, or do they go in the file names?[/quote]This ends to vary from disc to disc. Most of the pre-filled descriptions in are for the type of extra that it is. If the title of the extra is very important (i.e. more than just 'Making Of' is called for) I sometimes use one of the Types that just brings up a text box which can be filled manually (e.g. one disc that had about 4 interviews, they needed to be described better than the dropdown would allow).

TV Episode discs are a special case in several ways, for isntance if the set includes the pilot episode, is it zero or One. (Generally, 1, since all the other episode numbering is usually (but not always) based on the first broadcast episode being #1).

Thanks for your efforts, we will work on fine-tuning the entries for TV Episode discs.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Network Error on some discs

I have successfully uploaded metadata to a few discs, but I have 2 that give me a network error when I try and submit. No changes to network connection and uploads have been successful even after these show an error.

I have attached the internal log for one of these titles (KISMET):
                      Attached Files

Comment

Vector
                        Thanks for taking part in building this new feature. Please update to v9.2.2.7 Beta and try uploading this disc again. Not sure of the problem but the log indicates a connection issue:
                        • 0m 43.12s: Meta : looking up owner ship and network failure

Could also be the "()" characters in the volume name, which may have been corrected in the recent Beta release.

Comment

Not seeing the point of this MetaData exercise

I only use DVDFAB to backup Blu-Ray movies. I always just copy the full disk to an ISO. How does this MetaData exercise help me at all?

Comment

Regarding upload issue:

Regarding the upload issue, using the new beta version solved the problem. The other title I could not upload also had an oddball character in the volume name.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

It really doesn't unless you want to look at the titles first and see if you really want to copy all of them.
                              Originally posted by jgw View Post
                              I only use DVDFAB to backup Blu-Ray movies. I always just copy the full disk to an ISO. How does this MetaData exercise help me at all?

Comment

When exactly does the contest end? February 21 at 0:00 HKT?

Comment

Working...
                                X