Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Idea! Suggestions

If you have an idea or suggestion for Meta Info or a tip for your fellow users, please post it in this thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Allow Partial Uploads

Forcing someone to fill out everything about a disc prior to allowing them to upload is discouraging. I am now less willing to submit information, as I know I will be spending 30-60 minutes on it, rather than submitting information in the time I have available then.

It would be nice to be able to submit a partial upload, instead of requiring the whole thing.

Comment

Hi fisch, it should not take that long if it is a disc with which you have some familiarity. The quickest I have done one is about 8 minutes, longest about 20 minutes. The information you put in is stored on your PC if it is not uploaded, so you can come back later without having to start over completely (unless someone else does the full upload in the meantime).
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Reinventing the Wheel

Rather than having users create all the metadata and build your own catalog, why not work with companies that have already done this. For example, the MyMovies application (see http://www.mymovies.dk/) already has a vast library of metadata that you could leverage. It can recognize most disks in pretty much all regions when you put the disk in the drive and provides a variety of metadata, artwork, etc. It's metadata catalog is an online resource, so interfacing between something like DVDfab and the catalog should be realtively straightforward and would provide DVDfab with large catalog of DVD and Bluray metadata without having to get your users to enter all the information manually.

Comment

Not reinventing but maybe improving the wheel, at least for use within DVDFab. I looked at the site you linked and it seems to be suited more for playing movies than copying them. Meta Info seems to provide a much higher level of detail, which is needed for copying but perhaps not for just viewing. Plus, Meta Info is highly integrated into DVDFab from step 1, which might be possible with the mymovies product but would require data conversions and possibly a different UI.

Comment

A feature that I would like to see, that should be relatively simple, is some kind of indicator that can tell the user if the metadata for the DVD has already been uploaded.

Comment

Do you mean when the disc is loaded by DVDFab or like a list somewhere of uploaded titles?

Comment

When I go to rip a Blu-ray disc. Where it lists the titles on the disc, I know it appends .theatrical,.unrated, etc. I just thought it would be nice to have some kind of indicator like you have for cinavia. It would make it easy to tell at a glance if the profile had been uploaded or not by anyone.

Comment

If the titles have anything in the Type or Description area, then it has been uploaded. That is the only way to have data in those columns.

Comment

Please add "Menu" and "Alternate Scenes" to the pull-down options so that they can be labeled correctly.
                    Now I have to mark them as "Junk" and "Deleted Scenes" which is not correct.

Also, how do I look at my uploads when I chose a different name for this than my forum name?

Comment

Real metadata to output file.

Instead of using another tool to match and indsert Metadata to the output file, can you implement the functionality in MetaX into DVDFab.

You can see MetaX here: http://www.danhinsley.com/

Then, actors, cover art, release date and more are automatic in the outputfile.

Chris

Comment

That looks nice but does not seem to be designed to work with Blu-ray discs as an output type. Meta Info provides much deeper information about the content of the disc.

Comment

Something that I think would be nice would be the ability to edit the meta-info while the disc is copying/ripping.

I understand why it can't be done though.

Comment

Thank you all for the great suggestions, we will consider them all seriously.
                            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Just like there is a deleted scenes option, I am seeing a lot of extended scenes that I can't really fit into any category.

Comment

Working...
                              X