for the smart ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the smart ones

I just bought Game of thrones season 8 on Bluray. I thought I would get the meta info uploaded being the first time I've tried. Accidentally uploaded before I had all data. My understanding is that if you upload meta info, no one else can add to it except myself. After the first disk I tried uploading the correct data and every disk there after also. EACH time I tried I would get an error message and told that I could save it to disk.
    I'm far from stupid and followed signals instructions.
    I started ripping these disks yesterday and continued today, still waiting for E8, E9, E10 to finish. It takes anywhere from 1 - 2 hours to rip each episode to high quality. Best time would take 10 hours, worst time 20 hours.
    Signals wrote some where that you could only upload once. (he believed)

SO if this is the case, it is useless to upload meta info from Bluray disc's as In this case you would need 5 Bluray burners. Unfortunately I've only got 2.
    Viking lost down under

Hi to our misplaced Norseman
    This has changed several times over the years, but to my knowledge it is still only possible to make a first entry for a given title once. If you are successful the first time, you should be able to edit or make updates to the one you created. If you can’t edit it and upload the changes, something is wrong. Creating a good set of data can be very time consuming, especially for tv series where each episode has a title.

I will do some experimenting and see if any improvements are possible. At least you can save your work locally now.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals, keeping all the NFO files on hard drive. Now, I also notice something else.
      1. DVDFab is downloading this info for episodes from your site as: Game of Thrones - s05e04 - s05e04 - Sons of the Harpy, and should be: Game of Thrones - s05e04 - Sons of the Harpy. Wierd.
      2. If I try and upload the info I get the error message and must save it to hard drive. I accept this and it leaves me with this again: Game of Thrones - s05e04 - s05e04 - Sons of the Harpy.
      Is there an error in the programming????
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Untitled.pngHere is a new one: Game of Thrones - s05e05 - Game of Thrones - s05e05 - Kill the Boy. as you can see different from the previous one. LOL
        Viking lost down under

Comment

You are correct, there is an error in the way episodic data entries are being built. It should always be [series name]space[episode identifier sXXexxx]space[episode title (if any)]. Inconsistencies in the submitted data may be part of the problem here. Maybe we need some AI for this too!!

As to the upload failed message, I have gotten it also and the devs have logged onto my pc to check it to no avail. If you are on Nord VPN, try turning off their security in settings, it is overly aggressive and does not supply any notification that a website or IP connection has been blocked.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Private internet access is the 1 I'm using. I shall try again without it running.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Turns out that it is the VPN that refuses to let you update. Just updated Game of thrones S08E06. Still has this problem thou: Game of Thrones - s08e06 - Game of Thrones - s08e06 - The Iron Throne. Do I need to redo all the other Bluray disks again to do the update???, or is there a different way of doing this????
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Untitled.png When trying with disk 1 + 2, I still get this message.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

In case you are interested signals, here are NFO files for all episodes.
                  Attached Files
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

@ejm, the developer wants you to upload the dvdfab_internal log session regarding the problem to help us check it out. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry, unable to do that request, PC died for the last time. Have to install everything on a loan PC until I decide on configuration or new PC.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                      X