X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation HDD Setup and Usage

HDD Setup and Usage
    ==============

1) I see from the spec's that this unit supports up to 8Tb HDD's. Now that 10 Tb HDD's are on the market, are there any plans to support these as well?

2) In the manual, it makes no mention of HDD setup other than "insert HDD and enjoy movies". This seems to simple to be true. Is there a setup routine when a new HDD is inserted to format it, etc for the Movie Server's use? Are the HDD's reformatted by the Movie Server unit?

Jim

Now that I've gotten the Movie Server to run, I can partially answer question 2:

The setup routine prompts you to enter the HDD into the Movie Server. They appear to be formatted by the Movie Server.

Comment

I pre-formatted mine NTFS, but it doesn't really matter. There will be lots of improvements and new features as time goes on.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Best configuration possiable

I am looking for the advice of those who may know best. I have tons of tech, I love the stuff. That said I will never claim to know it all. instead I look to those who are closer to achieving this.

So for my needs: I am networking my entire house, Multiple 70" 4k's, Already have a WD TV live hub I have been using for years, Multiple PC's, Tablets, WDCloud storage, Several Large 8 - 10TB network USB storage, and I want the simplest set up possible with the best quality possible so that my Girlfriend who just moved in will enjoy the experience of having access to everything ( pics, videos, music) at her finger tips. So not being overly concerned with cost with in reason of course, What would be the optimal set up as far as new HDD or Hybrid HDD even for utilizing the DVD Fab movie servers options to the fullest? Brand, type, size ETC of add on's including any software even to work with DVD Fab as I own Lifetime of just about all they have to offer?

I always seek the know it all's when it comes to tech, lol cause I don't

Thanks in advance, PM me if you wish but I really wanna push this server to new territory, I love testing and reviews.

Comment

For new HDD, you need format it, after that you don't need any setup it can be read.
          You insert it to pc, it can be list in you computer.
          It need format it from my computer - disk management.

I will feedback to our DEV that " new HDD is inserted to format it", do not know if this can be true.
          Last edited by Dora; 07-13-2017, 10:09 AM.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
          X