Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Can't activate Movie Server

Just received DVDFAB Movie Server.

I went through the initial setup of language, network, audio/video connections and then when I get to activation, it asks for either activation automatically by DVDFAB or manually.

I selected automatically by DVDFAB and got DVDFAB running on another computer on the network. It didn't detect this, so I then moved on to manual activation. Now it asks for email and password. I enter these and I get the response "Warranty details unavailable, Please enter the account used to purchase the movie server." The email and password have not been changed in years, but do not work.

This is at this point an infinite loop which prevents me from going any further.

The shine on this new product is starting to get a bit dull already.

Jim

I passed this along for you.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a small hole near where the power cord plugs in; use a paperclip or toothpick and gently push it in to reset it and start over. The office will be open shortly and someone will check your account. Sorry you are having trouble getting it started.

Tip: if your PC is on a VPN, Server won't be able to see it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by jgw View Post
        I selected automatically by DVDFAB and got DVDFAB running on another computer on the network. It didn't detect this, so I then moved on to manual activation. Now it asks for email and password. I enter these and I get the response "Warranty details unavailable, Please enter the account used to purchase the movie server." The email and password have not been changed in years, but do not work.
        Hello Jim,

I have corrected the account problem for you, please use your DVDFab account to try again now.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

I tried the DVDFab 10 update and it failed again.

Then I tried the manual method and it worked this time.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X