HDD Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation HDD Files

With the HDD installed into the Movie Server, I now have the Main Menu displayed.

If I select from the Main Menu the Movies icon, I get a message that my files are low and that I should uses DVDFab to copy files to the Movie Server.

If I select Local Videos from the Movies icon, I get choice of storage locations. One of these is SATA Disk 1, which is my HDD. If I select it, I get about 20 folders showing, all of which are semi-cryptically named.

Any direction on where I should be looking on the HDD for storage of ISO movie files?

Is there a way to move existing ISO movie files from external storage onto the Movie Server HDD for use with it?

Jim

To answer one of my own questions, the 20 folders I was seeing were left on the HDD from it's previous life in a NAS.

Now that I've reformatted the HDD, the only folder present is on labelled DVDFab.

Comment

I formatted mine in my PC and put a folder in it named VIDEO where I stuff existing processed ISOs and folders from other drives. Server added the DVDFab folder when I installed the drive. You can upload them to Server over the network and access them using the Local Videos icon on the main screen or load the VIDEO folder before you put the drive into the Server.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You can upload them to Server over the network and access them using the Local Videos icon on the main screen
        I'm looking to do what you have done. I created a folder on the Movie Server HDD and called it Shared. Now when I look at available computers over my network, i do not see this folder. Did you do anything special to make this work?

Comment

I mapped it as a network drive and can access it like any other drive.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

HDD Files

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            I mapped it as a network drive and can access it like any other drive.
            Hi,

I formated the 8 tb HDD with my PC Windows 10 1703 using a USB connection box. Then transfered every video file I had on my NAS to the Media Server. avi, mkv H264, mp4, mkv H265 etc I even transfered mp3 files for testing.

I then put the hdd in the Media Server. Rebooted the Media Server and to my surprise the Hdd was recognized and everything video played flawlessly.

I then put it on stand by. Went to my PC and it was even recognized by it as \\ANDROID_27E10\share\sata\sata1 on my network. I could not believe it.

I then tried to copy and paste a new video file to it and it worked. So now I programmed an assigned drive to it. I can move files to and from it. Delete them etc...

Connection to my network is via Wifi.

Even tried to install new apk to it and they work since it is an android machine. So I installed my Netflix on it.

Until now it meets and exceeds my expectations. Hope it will continue that way.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, glad it is working so well for you.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The only problem for me is, to make a directly copy from DVDFab 10. The programm says, that there is a network problem. I donĀ“t habe any problem, to make a copy via windows.

Comment

make a directly copy from DVDFab 10...... there is a network problem.
                  Make sure the movie server do not power off during the DVDFab was working.
                  If you got a new HDD you need format it before use it.

Movie only show the movies copy from DVDFab.
                  If you directly copy source to HDD, it can be play, but maybe got wrong poster.
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                  X