Hi,

MS server connected, and updated!
    (not wireless, tho)

My steps:

1. Turn on MS
    2. Launched DVDFAB 10
    3. inserted dvd disk in pc-rom
    4. DVDFab 10 ready to do its' thing!
    5. ---Issue here: in the Dropdown box MS is not displayed!

-----Also, I manually search for the network folder on my pc, and found it, obviously ... However, when I clicked it, DVDfab doesn't feel like inserting the link in the "save to" slot!

Any thoughts / suggestions!?
    Thanks
    Ish
    Last edited by Ish; 07-15-2017, 06:11 AM.

I'm also getting "No HD detected in the HDD extraction cabinet" message when I click on movie icon! -- Is this normal? Since there is a HDD 3TB inserted!

1. Yes, I format HD twice -- GPT since it's 3TB, and NTFS
    2. Yes, the HD is hot when I extracted out of the MS, and inserted it back to no avail.

Any thoughts ... Etc

Ish

Comment

1.Insert your hdd to pc, check the HDD can be seen in My Compurer-local disk.
      If there is not, you need format it and add a disk volum lable.
      2. Close the MS, insert the HDD, restart the MS.
      3.Get in your network folder from my computer, in the adress input the MS ip, add \\ before the ip . like :"\\192.168.1.100" , to see the sata folder is there or not.
      4.Insert a old HDD, to see if it can be found.

Please go to Settings-About- feedback , seed a feedback to us.
      Last edited by Dora; 07-15-2017, 01:11 PM.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
        1.Insert your hdd to pc, check the HDD can be seen in My Compurer-local disk.
        If there is not, you need format it and add a disk volum lable.
        2. Close the MS, insert the HDD, restart the MS.
        3.Get in your network folder from my computer, in the adress input the MS ip, add \\ before the ip . like :"\\192.168.1.100" , to see the sata folder is there or not.
        4.Insert a old HDD, to see if it can be found.

Ok I have also done this and I see the folders of the unit there and it states a shared folder, sata, then I click that and I see sata2, along with many other folders from the MS and click that and then I see a DVDFab folder which I click on and tried to input the file to this area and it states there is not enough space for it when I try to input a file to this location. My hard drive is formatted and is 2 TB in size. Also, I see the device in my network it shows up as "Android_43C10", so its working in terms of my network but it doesn't appear to have space and it doesn't show up in my DVDFab 10 selection area as the instructions state, I have to go on a search for it. Is this maybe the problem, is that it's not showing up as described in the instructions?

Please help!

Comment

It will copy failed when the folder named sata2 under sata.
          HDD maybe has other area created by windows. Now you need reformat HDD for the right way.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post

I don't see address input in the network folder -- be more specific please!

Ish

Comment

Ok, I inserted an old HDD, which will NOT be use for this; But that worked -- However, the MS, and which have worked with a new 3TB HD!

And yes, HD has been formatted twice!

I felt like I spend money on this new HD for nothing it if doesn't work!

Did you guys thoroughly tested the NS with all brands, etc?
              Maybe a list of HD brands is needed to see which one's works, and not!

And again, I don't see address input in the network folder -- be more specific please!

Ish

Comment

Hi Ish,
                Try starting DVDFab on the PC before turning on the Server box or restart the box after Fab is running.
                Any SATA drive should work if it works when connected to a PC.

If you PC is on a VPN, it may not work.

You should be able to see the box in Windows Explorer as shown in the attached capture. You may need to refresh the view if it does not appear.
                Attached Files
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello Signals

Ok, this is what I see:

1. Win 10 -- click on File Explorer

2. Click on This PC

3. Under Network Locations -- I see: Living Room (DVDFABMS)

That's it ...

Now, when I point DVDFAB "Save as" to this folder, etc : Living Room (DVDFABMS)

Nothing happens!

Ish

Comment

--- Adding ---

In win10 --- setting --- Bluetooth and other devices --- Other devices .... I see Living Room 1 Server and Render (which is the MS)

Tried a few other things, but these devices refuse to communicate with each other!

Need to find a solution cuz wife driving me nuts -- Wants to return it, but I want to find a remedy for this! Been with Fab since the early early days, and never ever issues!

(No network issues with my other decides here from printers to two other pc's, etc ... )

Ish
                    Last edited by Ish; 07-15-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Ish,

Try just dumping a file to it from windows rather than trying to do it via the DVDFab software. It works for me this way but i can't get the DVDFab software to dump a file to it via the MS Server like it states it does but just doing it from the windows via the networking file or folder I can dump my files to it via the windows and they work in terms of viewing them when I turn on the MS server.

Maybe this will work for you too?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                        --- Adding ---

In win10 --- setting --- Bluetooth and other devices --- Other devices .... I see Living Room 1 Server and Render (which is the MS)

Tried a few other things, but these devices refuse to communicate with each other!

Need to find a solution cuz wife driving me nuts -- Wants to return it, but I want to find a remedy for this! Been with Fab since the early early days, and never ever issues!

(No network issues with my other decides here from printers to two other pc's, etc ... )

Ish
                        Hey Ish,
                        I cannot get this to work either. I have Win 10. Here is what I do. I click on the Window 10 icon in the far bottom left of screen and select file explorer. Then click on Network. Give it a minute to list everything. Under Media Devices I see 2 Living Room DVDFAB devices. I cannot do anything with either of these. But under Computer there is a listing for Android_FEE10. Open that through Share/Sata/Sata2 so that you see DVDFAB folder. I pin that folder and now I can manually copy anything to it. If I have a lot to copy I remove the HDD from the MS, plug it into the Ext disk holder, connect to my PC and copy that way. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Ford View Post
                          Ish,

Try just dumping a file to it from windows rather than trying to do it via the DVDFab software. It works for me this way but i can't get the DVDFab software to dump a file to it via the MS Server like it states it does but just doing it from the windows via the networking file or folder I can dump my files to it via the windows and they work in terms of viewing them when I turn on the MS server.

Maybe this will work for you too?

Cheers
                          Thank you, sir for your idea here!

I think I found an alternative, too, but not too happy about it!

Kind Regards
                          Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
                            Hey Ish,
                            I cannot get this to work either. I have Win 10. Here is what I do. I click on the Window 10 icon in the far bottom left of screen and select file explorer. Then click on Network. Give it a minute to list everything. Under Media Devices I see 2 Living Room DVDFAB devices. I cannot do anything with either of these. But under Computer there is a listing for Android_FEE10. Open that through Share/Sata/Sata2 so that you see DVDFAB folder. I pin that folder and now I can manually copy anything to it. If I have a lot to copy I remove the HDD from the MS, plug it into the Ext disk holder, connect to my PC and copy that way. Hope this helps
                            Hello Hunter

Thanks for your post, sir!

The file Android_FEE10 can't be found on this pc! All other DVDFAB files, ex: like the 2 Living Room DVDFAB devices is all I got, and we both know they're useless!

However, my solution is this, and I am NOT a happy camper about it!

1. I launched DVDFAB 10
                            2. HD plugged into external port
                            3. Copy movie straight into HD in EP
                            4. Plug HD back into MS

HOWEVER --
                            5. Copy movies are located in Local Video folder, NOT in the movie folder, as it should be!

Before pouring my 2 cents, "First impressions" , I will play with MS for a week to find any remedy why it can't connect via networking, or if DVDFAB stuff finally figure it out themselves, etc.

However, for now, I will said that the MS needed at least one year of beta-testing with varies HD's and network connectivity. I feel it was rush into the market place! -- The should have provided a few dozen loyalty customers with a beta-version of the box, or bare-bone MS box for testing, etc .... More on this at a later time!!!

Thanks for your post, again, sir
                            Ish

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              Hi Ish,
                              Try starting DVDFab on the PC before turning on the Server box or restart the box after Fab is running.
                              Any SATA drive should work if it works when connected to a PC.

If you PC is on a VPN, it may not work.

You should be able to see the box in Windows Explorer as shown in the attached capture. You may need to refresh the view if it does not appear.

Signals,
                              Dora keeps talking about sata1 dir and how the copy will fail with a sata2 dir. Here is a snapshot of my dir string. The MS creates these directories when I insert a formatted HDD in it.
                              It creates the sata2 dir. I cannot change what the MS does. I have tried this 2 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X