Reset button does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question Reset button does not work

While trying to get this Movie Server A-1 to recognize my 2 TB HDD, I decided to try and use the RESET BUTTON on the rear of the device. I used a medium sized paper clip and could feel the button click when I pressed it in. Nothing happened. The Movie Server was turned on at the time and my TV was connected by HDMI and it was on so I could check if it reset. It did not. I feel this is a defect and it seems to me the unit needs to be returned under warranty. I just got it on July 27, 2017 and set it up and registered it, etc. Everything worked except the HDD recognition. I tried the latest advice from DVDFab latest info on using the GPT method. The drive works as I have moved files to and from it while connected to my PC.

The reset button seems to work this way:
    1) Shut Down Unit if possible (i.e. CPU not frozen)
    2) Turn off the power switch, wait 30 seconds
    3) Press and hold reset button in (try a toothpick instead of a paperclip, safer)
    4) Turn on the power switch. When the Fab mascot appears, release the reset switch.

You have a more recent version of the hardware than mine, but it should be the same. The bootup process will be a little
    longer and when it finishes, you may want to power cycle the unit the normal way using the IR remote for shut down.
    Note that this does not erase any apps or settings and so does not really take the unit back to a base state .
    The 2TB drive in mine is NTFS and is recognized as sata1 in the unit.
    Last edited by signals; 07-30-2017, 12:21 PM.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X