Scan in progress message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Scan in progress message

A few days ago I transferred 8 DVD's to the MS using DVDFAB 10. None of the DVD's (first season of Dr. Who) picked up any cover art in the poster wall. Using the new MS Manager, I was able to match them all with correct posters.

Disks 1-4 & 7 play fine. Disk 5, 6, & 8 give a message saying "scan in progress, try back later". This message has been there for several days. I can play the movies if I access them in file mode (from the SATA1 icon) but will not play from the poster wall. I have tried re-sending the files, and also complete power down of the unit and re-boot. Nothing has helped.

How do I fix this problem? I can't believe that a scan has been ongoing for days.

Try this: power the unit off with the power switch on the back, then pull the HDD out. Put the drive in your PC and see if the movies will play there. If they do, you can temporarily move them from the DVDFab folder to a new folder named VIDEO or something similar, which should stop the endless scanning. Put the movie back in the DVDFab folder and the HDD back in the Movie Server and power it up. You can try manually fixing the metadata using the method described in this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ta-for-mserver
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We are working on better media scanning function, please be patient.

For now, you can access it by file list.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Well, I was able to correct the problem by transferring the disk using the full disk mode instead of the clone mode. Takes longer, but seems to work.

For your tech folks, it appears when I transferred the disk by Clone mode, an entry in the SQLite database table tbVideosFile was created, but no corresponding entry was made in the tbVideosFileMeta table. The transfer by FULL DISK created both.

Comment

Working...
        X