Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Meta Data for Karate Kid

Hello,
    I have both, the original Karate Kid from 1984 and the new one with Jackie Chan from 2010.
    But both are always shown with the same movie poster. When I change one of them using the matching button in the smart library BOTH are changed. I cannot manage it that they are shown as the two different movies they are.
    Any idea how I can handle this?
    Regards,
    clioschrotter

Hi,

Have you tried separating the movies?

Check your Edit Meta-Data, and where it says "Collection Title" deleted movie title from here -- Do it for both movies to separate the movies, and then re-do your poster!

In my case, this was the issue I had for the Grudge Part 1 and 2!

Sometimes it will not help so I download the poster copy/paste onto desktop, and do it manually! --for that check:
    How can I manually correct or update the metadata information of a specific title that may be incorrect or inaccurate? See the answer below! by Wilson.Wang

I've suggested to them to have this field blank as default for their next update ... etc!

Will see what happens!

Regards
    Ish

Comment

Edit also gives you a wider choice of posters than Match. The one "matched" for John Wick 2 is hard to read on the screen, the one available using Edit is better, as shown below. Kong: Skull Island is the same way.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 WICK3.png
Views:	119
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	339799
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Improvements need to be made regarding multiple movies that have the same title but different years. I have "The Thing (1982)" and "The Thing (2011)". Even after separating them from "The Thing Collection" (which by the way shouldn't be a collection), I couldn't edit without affecting the other. The problem was already pointed out that the SQLLite commands are not using the year as a filter so anything that has the exact same title will get update with the latest info (that is, multiple records will get updated). This needs to be fixed.

Comment

I have the same problem, several versions from different years and each shows up with the same picture and information - so there is no way to know which one is which!!! Agree that this needs to be fixed, using the year as part of the key.

Comment

Does anyone know if this has been fixed, or is in development to be fixed??

Comment

Originally posted by twplunkett View Post
              Does anyone know if this has been fixed, or is in development to be fixed??
              Hi,twplunkett.We are working on it.We will fix this asap.

Comment

Working...
              X