Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very interrested by the DVDFab media server device ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Very interrested by the DVDFab media server device ...

Hi,

I'm very interested in the new "Movie Server" because I can not find an easy device and be able to have the subtitles and different languages ripped correctly till now or just because the DNLA protocol is too limited for that and my smart TV, but I have 2 simple questions about it :

1. Can I use my Synology NAS server with it? (I saw the 8TB limitation...)
    2. In what format should I rip the DVD and BlueRay to be used with the movie servers without limitation?

Regards,

YMartin.com
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

The Media Server will play either image files (ISO) or the BDMV/VIDEO_TS folders that DVDFab makes with the copy module, either Full Disc or Main Movie modes work well. The 8TB limitation is for drives that are physically located in the drive bay on the unit. If you are going to play movies from a network source, I recommend an ethernet connection. It will play the original disc menu (or not, optional) if you use Full Disc or Clone copy modes. It handles forced subs (translations) well. It also handles almost any video file (MP4, MKV etc).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your prompt answer. My actual issue, is to get the different languages and subtitle available. DLNA protocol do not allow more than 1 channel available. My films are ripped in M2TS and I can not even choose the language or subtittle, even if it is ripped in. What format do you suggest with the Media server? Clone or ISO is interresting but also takes too much space...

Regards,

YMartin.com

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The Media Server will play either image files (ISO) or the BDMV/VIDEO_TS folders that DVDFab makes with the copy module, either Full Disc or Main Movie modes work well. The 8TB limitation is for drives that are physically located in the drive bay on the unit. If you are going to play movies from a network source, I recommend an ethernet connection. It will play the original disc menu (or not, optional) if you use Full Disc or Clone copy modes. It handles forced subs (translations) well. It also handles almost any video file (MP4, MKV etc).
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

Full Disc (to a folder or ISO) or Clone provide the most flexibility since the original disc menu is included and you can set the disc up to play with any of the audios or subs that the menu's setup option (if it has one) allows. Personally, I use Main Movie copy mode and write to a folder. If you include all the audio and sub streams you can still select them using the playback controls in the Movie Server app and in most cases the size will be smaller than Full Disc or Clone. You can set DVDFab to compress Full Disc to BD25-size with a small penalty in video quality if size is a real issue, but since these will never be burned to a disc for playback, I leave it set to BD50 size. HDD space is cheap!
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This seems interesting. I will try the server and see how it is working. I can see here, on the forum a couple of critics... the best is to try it.
          Thanks for your support. Xie xie.

Regards,

YMartin.com
          Yves,
          YMartin.com

Comment

Hi, I received the DVDFab server. How I connect my NAS? Is the hard drive necessary if I use a NAS for my ISO files?

Regards,

YMartin.com
            Yves,
            YMartin.com

Comment

Working...
            X