New HDD Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question New HDD Detected

Ever since I upgraded to version 1.0.0.4, every time I turn on the MS it reports a new Hard Drive is detected. Its the same drive that has been in it for weeks on which I have transferred over 100 DVD's. I never had this issue before. 6 TB drive properly formatted and partitioned. Any ideas?????

What file system did you use to format the disc? Did you allow the MS box to format it or a PC?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I formatted the HDD on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine as NTFS and Partitioned as GPT. I received my MS about a month ago or longer, prior to the ability to format with MS. It has worked fine for a month while adding about 150 DVD. When I updated to v1.0.0.4, the problem appeared on the first restart of MS and has appeared every time I turn on MS since the update. Once it re-scans, it works fine until the next power down and restart cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneS View Post
        I formatted the HDD on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine as NTFS and Partitioned as GPT. I received my MS about a month ago or longer, prior to the ability to format with MS. It has worked fine for a month while adding about 150 DVD. When I updated to v1.0.0.4, the problem appeared on the first restart of MS and has appeared every time I turn on MS since the update. Once it re-scans, it works fine until the next power down and restart cycle.

DuaneS, I had this same issue pop up at 1.0.0.3. Mine had been working fine prior to that update. I had to finally use the MS to format the drive to EXT4 and my issue disappeared.
        I only had about 15 movies loaded so it was not as big an undertaking as you will face. I originally used NFTS as I wanted to be able to plug the HDD into a dock on my PC for coping movies over.
        Now I cannot do that as my PC does not recognize the EXT4 format. Good Luck.

Comment

I have a similar problem in that if I shut down the MS, upon restart, all four of my 8TB drives attached via USB3.0 are re-scanned before I can play a movie. Hence, I don't shut the MS down and there is no longer a suspend mode. The re-scan usually takes a couple of hours. Is it possible to make the re-scan a manual operation that can be invoked when new movies are added and not run automatically on start or restart?

Comment

Reformatting and partitioning to an EXT Partition is not an acceptable remedy. An NTFS formatted GPT partition is supposed to work. It has worked for many weeks. That tells me the hardware is compatible. Something is wrong with the HDD identifier storage that causes MS to see it as a different HDD each day. Also, if I select cancel instead of rescan, it works. It is not a problem of hardware, but rather software. There is some bug that showed up in v1.0.0.4 that wasn't present in v1.0.0.3. I don't have another large HDD to direct copy and the idea of weeks to recopy after a new partition is not a pleasing thought. I still have over 300 DVD's to copy. (This is my first movie server so it has to be copied manually).

Comment

I agree with DuaneS, I have been seeing the same issue since 1.0.0.4 and it was perfectly fine before that. In fact after today's software update it rescanned the internal drive and has undone the myriad of updates I had made, losing manually updated posters and descriptions for items not on the the movie database. Not very impressive....
              Also the Genre selection stopped working a couple of updates ago for movies on the internal drive but is OK for attached USB (not that I used so not really an issue for me).

Comment

Working...
              X