Problems - Startup Configuration Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems - Startup Configuration Error

I am starting a new thread because this is a new, but similar problem to my report of "New Hard Drive Detected" since updating to v.....4. Today MS did NOT report a new HDD. Instead it started into the main menu screen which is contrary to my settings. In settings, I have selected MS to start directly into Movies. Prior to today, that has always worked correctly. I verified my settings and yet they didn't work today.

I suspect the settings are saved in memory and reviewed as part of the start-up. I also suspect the HDD identification is also stored and reviewed as part of start-up. The settings show the correct information which indicates the proper information is stored in memory. That makes me suspect there is a problem in the software/firmware that is not always reading the memory correctly and thus starting up incorrectly. Two similar problems are in indicator of a software issue.

Any ideas and is there any info I can obtain and provide to help fix this issue?

Try shutting down and restarting the MS box. A reboot will force it to re-read the Settings options you have selected.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

First I upgraded to v1.0.0.5. Then a full power off reset (turned off the switch at back). Now I get "New Hard Drive Detected" at start up. I select scan, and then it boots to the menu and does not start in Movies as is configured. Seems to be going backward....I have both problems at the same time. I tried the reboot twice with the same result. Configuration settings are correct. The new HDD information correctly shows my HDD.

Its not a fatal error, but a real nuisance. Any new ideas????

Comment

Duane, I can't duplicate the problem you are seeing, it works fine when I select that setting. Are your movies stored in the DVDFab folder on the HDD?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Duane, I can't duplicate the problem you are seeing, it works fine when I select that setting. Are your movies stored in the DVDFab folder on the HDD?
          Signals, I posted this same problem at 1.0.0.3 while someone had this show up when they went to 1.0.0.4
          They only way I was able to resolve was formatting from the MS to EXT4
          The only difference I know of is I now have a sata1 directory were before it was sata2 when I formatted on my PC to NFTS

Comment

Signals,

Yes all the .iso files are in the DVDFab folder. Mostly I am using DVDFab 10 to transfer the files. The problem is actually worse than I thought. After my earlier post, I went to my desktop browser to use MS Server. About 30 of 170 movie listings lost the associations - ie no wall posters and no other data connected. A black box with the filename only. Using the Matching button, I reconnected a few, but for some, matching would only let me select TV and Movie was locked out. Database investigation revealed the following: In tbVideosFile: 1) field iFileType had been set to either 1 (not sure what that is) or 4 (which I believe is TV) on all the affected movies; 2) field iFailFlag had been set to 1 on all the affected movies; and 3) field IDMovie had been set to -1 for all the affected movies. Manually resetting the fields to 2 for a movie, 0 for fail and the correct IDMovie from tbMovieEx cured the problems. Some of the movies had been on the server for weeks. I can't tell if this is related to the original problem or from the new v1.0.0.5 which I updated.

Comment

I have also been getting the new hard drive detected message from time to time sonce 1.0.0.4. Updated to 1.0.0.6 today and issue persists. I did not not rescan but restarted the box and then it rescanned automatically (in fact as I write this it is still scanning) and once again has lost all the updates I had performed. The drive is formatted as NTFS from windows and the answer of formatting to ext4 is not acceptable as I take the drive out and connect to a PC to backup the contents, which I won;t be able to do if ext4.

Comment

When all else fails, try doing the factory reset, it has worked for me every time after a FW / SDK update. Some settings just get messed up after and upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                X