Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add manually ISO files ?

Hi,

I explain the situation: Before I bought the "DVDFab Movie Server" (MS), I've copied a lot of BluRay films with DVDFab Copier. This is a very long process. Then I received the MS. I can not find in the software a way to copy the "iso" files, so I did directly on the hard drive. It is now done, but the MS did not see them in the main menu. I can see the films in the file station, but this is not conveniently. So. is there another way to copy the iso files manually?

Regards,

Yves,
    YMARTIN.com
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Hi ymartin, you should move the files to a DVDFab folder on the Server HDD, it should see them and update the poster wall. Please try that and let us know the result.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How?
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

You can make the new DVDFab folder and move them into it using the new file manager options, illustrated in this post, or you can physically remove the drive and connect it to your PC and make the changes there.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Actually, it is what I'm doing. Copying the files seems OK, but they are not shown on the MS. Also, I edit manually meta files to correct errors for tv shows (seems to have some bug there), but this does not work. Is there a way to re-index this information and correct what we see on the MS?

YM
          Yves,
          YMartin.com

Comment

Yes, you can choose Refresh and it will force a re-read of the contents, but it must be in the DVDFab folder. The actual files can be in another folder within the DVDFab folder (i.e. \DVDFab\VIDEO\..filename..) but it will not look anywhere else. I do not have a capture of the Refresh icon, let me know if you can't find it and I will make one.

Comment

Here is the screen and the key sequence to reach it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 REFRESH.png
Views:	208
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	340742

Comment

Hi, I try this but it does not work for the TV Shows.

YM
                Yves,
                YMartin.com

Comment

...Also, when you edit (using the DVDFab web interface on port 32080), modifications are not saved, it is like the interface refuse them, but only for TV Show section.

YM
                  Yves,
                  YMartin.com

Comment

I regret you are having problems with this, I have tried to duplicate them but I can't. I do not currently have any TV series currently, but I will try adding a season disc today to see if it can duplicate what you are reporting.

The changes you make on the html interface page should be saved regardless of content type.

Comment

This was described on another post before for the previous version of firmware. It seems changes are not saved for TV Series only. On the current firmware, I have the same issue.

I believe this will be rectified later, this is not a big problem, just annoying when you try to save something.

In another hand, the meta data information saved for the series are not correct too, but I read it will be updated by the end of September. I will be patient for that because this is useful to manage series correctly (for example, I have 46 DB for one TV serie and pictures shown are wrong, showing the wrong season and chapters... it is a no sense... Try to imagine for other series like the famous "Star Trek" for example where you should have hundreds of DVD or DB...)

Regards,

YM
                      Yves,
                      YMartin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X