Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Enhancements

Hi,
    I have a DVDfab Movie Server since last two weeks and I can say that I’m quite dissatisfied on what can be done with this unit. I think the product is far from maturation, a lot of developments has to be done before it meets the features I tough it could have. If I knew this before I would probably chose a different product. This box is manufactured by Egreat and it is a reduced form factor of their A10 media server with the same architecture and operating system.
    For the features:
    1. Why do you have to choose between a reset and power OFF before powering down the DVDfab MS? You could still have the possibility to do a reset through a menu and avoid the requirement of pressing two times a bouton before powering OFF the unit.
    2. The DVDfab MS should go into sleep mode when powered OFF, this way you will always be able to access the hard drive through the network.
    3. You should be able to choose a different language than English for the IMDb postal wall synopsis information.
    4. Movie poster wall information should be kept on related internal or external server/NAS HDD. This way you have just one point to edit if more than one DVDfab MS connect to a network NAS or server.
    5. You should be able to have only one global postal wall which includes local drive and any network drives, this to avoid the need to navigate between different physical drives before selecting the right movie.
    6. You should be able to create different groups in a poster wall according to documentaries, series, children movies, etc.
    7. You should be able to jump to the global poster wall (see # 5) on power up and avoid the need to navigate between menus before selecting the right movie.
    8. Why aren’t you supporting music poster wall and photo slideshow?

Hi gaeliz,

Thank you for choosing DVDFab Movie Server!

1. When you press POWER button, it gives you two options: show down and restart. If you don't press any button, it will shut down automatically, so no pressing POWER buttion for two times is needed.

2. What you need is Standby feature, which is not very stable so we removed it from current release, we may bring it back in the future. For now, leave the machine powered on, and you can always access it through the network.

3. We are working on the brand new metadata database manager, and it will support mulit-language metadata.

4. We are working on the centralized storage for metadata database.

5. We are working on the all-source-in-one-place metadata database.

6. We are working on the customized filters for new metadata database.

7. You can change the Settings to enter poster wall on power up now.

8. There can be many features in the future, but we need to do it right one by one.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Great news, I am very impatient. DMS has a lot of great potentials, but I agree with the previous comment, it is not mature enough. For example, I have 45 BluRay to manage for a TV Show and I can not manage them correctly, even if I edit manually the meta files. It is a total nightmare.

I have another preoccupation about the hardware, the 8TB NAS Hard Drive I'm using is very hot, and electronics do not like this too much. This is creating issues with soldering on motherboard and components dies faster... This is the reason I'm doing a backup of the drive to my NAS periodically. This could be a good idea to add an app or an option to do this every week for example using rsync or something like this. This is just a suggestion.

But I beleive in the product, and I will hope the updates will become better and better.

Regards,

YM
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

The new meatadata database will be updated by end of September, I promise.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Good to know, so with these answers, your promo and the new version 1.0.0.6, I just bought a second one DVDFab movie server...
          I will wait a bit more before buying the third one to replace all my Dune players....

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
            The new meatadata database will be updated by end of September, I promise.
            Any news? It is already impossible to edit any TV Series...

Yves
            Yves,
            YMartin.com

Comment

It is out now, in Beta form. See this: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...s-released-out
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Where is the file to go back to 1.07, 1.08 is buggy on SMB and I can not connect to my network drives anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X