HDMI resolution and colorspace settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback HDMI resolution and colorspace settings

When the MS is switched on without switching on the devices in the rest of the chain the HDMI resolution and colorspace settings set in the setup are lost and default back to 720p and 8 bit RGB.
    Also happens when the HDMI cable is unplugged. It may have happened after a software/firmware upgrade also but I need te confirm that after the next upgrade.

This is rather annoying as I often switch on the MS on it's own to be able to upload blu ray's.

Did I miss something or is there a standby option that keeps the server alive when switched off with the remote?

I can't duplicate this using the IR remote to turn the box on and off. Also started it with no HDMI connection and plugged the HDMI in after it booted, none of the settings were altered. Some intervening device may be interfering with the HDMI handshaking with your display. If you are using the power switch, try using just the IR remote Shut Down instead and change the Display setting from Auto to a specific size and scan rate.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

HDMI is constantly handshaking with all kind of nasty issues when more than two devices are in the chain. In my case a splitter (HD Fury Integral) is required to get signal to the TV and Projector
      I'm also using a specific setting, not using auto, because that setting is what I know that my system can handle.
      Somehow the firmware reacts to these changes and the resolution settings keeps changing. It seems content dependent. Blu ray and HDMI are lousy format/standards when the menu refresh rate is 60p while the content is 24p. This often causes a chain of HDMI handshakes while the movie already started blanked out.

Just make the software so that is not reacts to the HDMI handshake 'interference' or at least make it an option.
      Powering down is always with he remote.

Comment

Another thought for a cause that is causing the setting change is that the HDMI handshake with the projector can take a long time. Perhaps there is a 'hdmi handshake' time out programmed causing a fall back to the 'save' 720p setting?

Comment

Working...
        X