1.0.0.6 Resume / Recently Watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Question 1.0.0.6 Resume / Recently Watched

Since 1.0.0.6 I have lost both the Recently Watched and Resume functions. Is there a setting I am missing?

All firmware
    Setting clock to 12h display only changes the MS front panel, time on home page and screensaver stays as 24h clock.

There seems to be a sync issue with the display movie wall at start software switch and the action
    my MS was set to display wall at start, but would never work, and no amount of re-starting would correct this.
    to get it to work i had to
    change setting, display wall at start = no
    restart
    change setting, display wall at start = yes
    restart
    now it works just fine, it looks like the MS needed a change of state in the software switch to get it to change.

The 12/24 hr clock was the same way at one point, a change of the switch in settings and a restart would fix it, but it now it just sticks at 24 hour in the video output, 12 hour on the front panel, it's a known issue that will be corrected. I am checking the 'Resume', it had been working prior to 1005 or 6. Thanks for the feedback.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE: Resume still works but it depends on how you stop the playback. For instance, if you use the Stop button, it doesn't, but when you use another key (like the 'go back' button) and the 'Quit Playback?' box pops up, it will resume the next time you play it. On a bluetooth mini-keyboard, the 'ESC' key saves the resume point but the 'home' key does not, just stops playback and goes to the home screen. This does need some improvement.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals, i have to disagree,
        On my MS I have neither resume or recently watched regardless of how the movie is stopped.
        Please select [Clear History] on the movies page and then watch and stop a movie and see if you still have Resume and Recently Watched. I do not.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi RJS666,

I have done some further testing with the 1007 firmware, and for Resume to work correctly for me the following conditions must be met:

1: You must choose Main Movie playback mode (or be playing a Main Movie rip, i.e. no menu)
          2: You must choose a stop playback method that shows this box:

Click image for larger version  Name:	QUITPLAY_BOX.png Views:	1 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	341704

(e.g. return,go back or ESC on a bluetooth qwerty keyboard). The Clear History button does not seem to prevent the working of future stop/resume point storage. Perhaps this can be improved in future releases.

Comment

I tried your suggestions
            and no, I still do not get the resume option

also you did not address the lack of recently watched.

suggestions please

Comment

OK after some experimentation I found the solution.
              I still don't know what caused me to lose the resume and recently watched in the first place.
              In settings >Playback I had playback mode set to Main Movie. Toggled this to ask each time, watched a main movie and stopped movie as you describe above. Resume and Recently watched are now functioning.
              I went back and toggled playback mode back to to main movie and resume and recently watched continue to work.

Comment

Working...
              X