Serious Audio Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Audio Issue

I have found that if I play media files from a NAS I have no audio unless I change the audio on my TV. It doesn't matter what my setting is, simply need to change it to a different setting and then I have audio. I do not have this issue if I play the same files from the local hard drive. If my TV is set to Dolby Digital I will have no sound but if I change it to Bitstream the audio will kick in. As soon as another file starts like a TV show in a series I will have no audio but if I change it back to Dolby Digital I will have audio. It seems like by just changing the audio I jumpstart the sound. Again if I play the same files from the local drive I do not have this issue. This is a very annoying bug. Is there any log I can produce to have this looked at by the developers. If so please let me know what you would like me to do to give you enough data to diagnose and maybe come up with a fix.

My setup is as follows:

DVDFAB MS
    TERASTATION NAS
    SONONS Soundbar
    VIZIO M80-D3

I have a similar issue. I have turned the TV off then on and the audio returns

Comment

Would really love some help with this .. or at least be able to contribute to help with this.

Logs, testing, just tell me what you need...

Comment

BUMP .. still hoping to be part of the solution for this..

Comment

Originally posted by Logandros View Post
          BUMP .. still hoping to be part of the solution for this..
          Is there any way to reset the tv sound settings ??
          and is the firmware up to date on the tv and the MS
          Last edited by october262; 09-19-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Is your TV hooked up to the sound bar if so are these guidelines for it being observed including updates for the sound bar?
            SONONS Soundbar guide from manual.
            accepts Dolby Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
            not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes
            plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and Ogg Vorbis files (firmware is up gradable to support future audio formats Check for this)

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. Yes everything is up to date with regards to firmware and my TV goes directly to the (SONOS) Soundbar. Please keep in mind from my original post, this is only issue when playing back files from the LAN source, it does not occur when the files are on the local drive. I do not know a lot about sound processing and the likes but it leads me to believe it has something to do with timing or sound processing delay. But again, isn't that what logs are for... so devs can just compare the 2 and find the issue.
              Last edited by Logandros; 09-19-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

What audio settings are you using the Movie Server? There are 3 audio output modes: Analog, HDMI and S/PDIF. You can also set the audio rendering to Passthrough (Auto, On or OFF). I would suggest that you try changing some of these to see if a different method works better with the SONOS. You can also alter the HDMI handshaking behavior several places in Advanced settings.Not sure how an audio problem could be created by the source file being on a NAS.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X