No announcement yet.

Instructions On How To Get To The Recycle Bin To Delete Movies From There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Instructions On How To Get To The Recycle Bin To Delete Movies From There

Does anybody know how to get to or make the recycle bin appear? I deleted a couple of movies but looking at the “Smart Library” for my drive for movies, under “Videos” it is showing 7 movies that I deleted with different titles that got replaced with $Recycle.Bin titles. For example, $r13f841, there are seven files like that. I cannot get rid of any of them. If I go to the” Movie” section, these files are not showing up on my wall posters to delete off my hard drive except three of those seven files; they seem to still be there when I clearly deleted them. They are taking up space on my drive, checked to see if it was just the meta.iso and it is actually hardcore movie data. Tried to find the path where these files are, it says that they are in: mnt/sata /sata2/$Recycle.Bin but that path can’t be found under “Local Videos” for my hard drive under DVDfab movies, which is only showing – “SATA Hard Drive 1”. Where is this path at and where is it coming up with “sata2”? Took the drive out the movie server enclosure to look at all the folders and files on my computer, I even did a show hidden folders and still no recycle bin or that path to where those files are taking up space, just see the DVDfab folder where the movies are located just like on the movie server under “Local Videos”. And I did do a “refresh’”,soooooo many times gaining the same result, no change. What am I missing here? I would like to get rid of these nothing files. Appears that deleting a file doesn’t really get rid of the file, it just masks them. Should be a way to permanently get rid of deleted movies from the file $Recycle.Bin. Please help!!!

Not sure what you are seeing there or why. How did you delete the files? You can try this: go to Settings->General->System Maintenance->Disk Manager and select Scan to check the drive for errors.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I deleted the movies under windows before the update to delete them through the movie server, which is much easier now. I did what you replied to and did a scan check. Now it is saying/asking "That a new hard drive is detected, would you like to refresh the movie library now?" Will this wipe out my movies that I have on my drive that I put on it already. That's a lot of man hours getting them on there, the last thing I want to do is start the process over again! Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Okay I went ahead and the did the refresh of the movie library and those recycle files are still there.

Comment

Here is a screenshot of my Smart Library -"Video" section and what is in it that I can not delete.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (2).png
Views:	118
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	341808

Comment

I see that on two movies I deleted using the controls in the Movie Server. Sounds like all the contents are not being deleted completely. I have not been able to remove them either and have passed this on to the developers.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals, I appreciate all and any support. I see a lot of responses from you and thanks for being proactive on this board with new issues, it really helps! I mean it really HELPS!

Comment

You are welcome, the DVDFab management places tremendous value on user feedback, the forum is structured to make this as easy as possible to provide.

Comment

Working...
                X