X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New file structure on MS

Signal,
    I guess I wasn't specific enough.
    I have not gone to the new Cloud Server yet.
    The change I see just started, I think after going to 1.0.0.8

I just noticed something today that I think started with the latest firmware.
    Movies made with DVDFAB to the MS are now going into a directory called (Movies) under the DVDFab directory on the MS.
    All movies are now in their own folder under the Movies Directory
    Example: share/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/47 Meters Down

All previous movies I made with DVDFAB went to the DVDFab directory on the MS

What gives? what is the purpose of this????

Ah, got it. I think it may be pre-categorizing the the files based on the MetaInfo. If this is true, then it should also create other folders for other disc types (like TV etc.). I put all the content on my MS drive by plugging the drive into a Windows PC, which may prevent this from happening. Beginning with v1.0.0.5 or 1.0.0.6, MS looks in ALL folders of the drive for playable content, so it will find anything anywhere. I'm not sure of the impact if a TV series is put into the Movies folder, or whether this HDD structure is carried over into the MS Cloud system but will try to find out.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Ah, got it. I think it may be pre-categorizing the the files based on the MetaInfo. If this is true, then it should also create other folders for other disc types (like TV etc.). I put all the content on my MS drive by plugging the drive into a Windows PC, which may prevent this from happening. Beginning with v1.0.0.5 or 1.0.0.6, MS looks in ALL folders of the drive for playable content, so it will find anything anywhere. I'm not sure of the impact if a TV series is put into the Movies folder, or whether this HDD structure is carried over into the MS Cloud system but will try to find out.
      I use to plug my HD into my windows PC but we I started getting a constant error on the MS I had to format it from there, which cannot be read from my PC
      I may try formatting it again on my PC when I test install the cloud server software

Well I did a test. I made a backup of S1 D1 of my Buffy TV series
      It made a new directory called TV Shows and under that a directory called BUFYDSC1
      I can only figure this is intentional in preparation for the Cloud Server software.
      It would have been nice if we were informed. Not sure what we are to do with the movies we already have on the MS in the base DVDFab directory. Nothing I guess

Comment

I have been told that the existing movie content will not be deleted and will hopefully easily found with the MS Cloud, but it's unclear from the release notes if the Beta will be able to do this. Not sure if PC formatting is a good idea at this point, as I don't know if all the new features will still be able to support NTFS file system. I will probably put it on my MS today or tomorrow as time permits.

UPDATE: NTFS file system is OK and will be supported going forward.

As I get new information it will be posted in this thread: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...s-released-out
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X