Wifi gives out, or does not even initialize, with Media Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Wifi gives out, or does not even initialize, with Media Server

Once in a while, without any known trigger, the wifi on the Media Server will cease functioning. When I go into the settings on the media server and try to connect to wifi, it just continues to loop the circle in the middle of the screen but never finds any wifi networks to connect to. When this happens, I sometimes need to restart the server multiple times to have it reinitialize the wifi. Sometimes, I simply cannot get the wifi to work again and have to plug in a regular ethernet cable into the back. Once, after having the ethernet cable in the server, I had to unplug the cable to get the cable off the floor, and the wifi reconnected.

The wifi disconnection always happens immediately after a software update. I had just updated to version .9 and had to get the ethernet cable after three restarts of the media server without wifi connecting.

How do I resolve this issue?

I have occasionally noticed similar oddities after updating, so I always do an extra Shut Down/Restart cycle beyond the one that Movie Server does on its own, which seems to prevent most of it. Please give that a try and report the result here or in a new thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

After the update, I did three complete restarts (two restarts on the device, then a shut down, power off in the back, then power back on), and the wifi still didn't initialize. It's currently hooked up by ethernet cable.

Comment

Working...
      X