Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter issues

Hi!

I have a LOT of movies on my hard disk. When I start searching content so it's but on my Wall, I lose most of Genre and all Country filters, and I am only left with Years filter. I would love to have all filters there. Also, there are some corrupted files on my disk here and there, is there a way I could delete the files that are not read properly or that are not scanned properly by DVD Fab Movie Server directly in the Movie Server (it's easier to delete the file right there than trying to find it on my computer).

Thanks!

For deleting content, see this thread: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...eleting-movies

I'm not sure I understand your question about the filters, all the Genre filters should appear if you hit the down arrow button on the remote.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 FILTERS_1009.png Views:	1 Size:	375.5 KB ID:	343017

The others seem to work as well for me:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 FILTERS2_1009FW.png Views:	1 Size:	193.4 KB ID:	343018

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi!

To delete I meant to delete from the Wall. I had a Movie HDD that's been corrupt and I used a recovery software to get back my files, but some files got corrupted in the process, I just tried to reimport a few of thos movie but they appear as Grey items in the Wall and I would like to remove them. I also would like to remove duplicates as I copied all backups I had on my other HDD to the Movie Server HDD and some movies are duplicate, it would be easier to do this from the wall.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500-Small.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	343202

Name:	IMG_3501-Small.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	343203
      In regards to the Filter Issues, see how the filter appears on my HDD: they show bad files and the Country filter not there, the Genre filter stops after the 3rd one, only the Years filter works properly, On the right see the bad files issue that I want to delete but it's hard or impossible to locate on the HDD.

When I start a new Refresh, all the filters are there, but when the Refresh is done, it always go back to filter issues.
      Last edited by Morphart; 10-19-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Any news on this issue?

Comment

Gee, I am still waiting on a update on this myself, I have seven of those grayed out $ signs posters on my wall that was once movies that I had deleted and can't get rid of them now or find where they are at, I deleted them but they are still on my hard drive. If you click on them the movie plays. The movie server just masked them out. Originally posted thread as "Instructions on how to get to the recycle bin to delete movies from there", that's were those files are at but you can't get there or see them. You might have to reformat your drive to get rid of those files, not sure that is an option for you as it is not an option for me. Truth be told it really shouldn't have to be an option for anybody, just put the trash/recycle bin back onto the wall to delete from there.

Comment

Okay, I have noticed that I only started getting these bogus $ (dollar signs) posters titles on my wall that I couldn’t get rid of or find but still was taking up space and hard drive memory. They only started appearing after the changed update to be able to delete movies through the movie server. Previously I had been deleting movies that I did not want on the hard drive through Windows, which meant taking the hard drive out of the movies server and deleting them off my extended drive port. When that update came out it was easier to delete the movies that I wanted to without having to go through taking it out of the movie server but it left a trail of these deleted movies still present and moved them to the recycle bin, under a $RECYCLE.BIN path and name. Not sure if this behavior of moving these movies and its context in the movie server is because this is how Windows 10 or any of Windows NTFS system handles deleted files. Also not sure if this is being duplicated formatting the hard drive using the movie server because it formats it using EXT4 file system and it behaves different under that operating system. Personally I like to have the control I have under Windows than with EXT4 because deaf ears has prevailed with insight or direction here and like I posted earlier, reformatting a maxed out 2TB drive shouldn’t be an option.

Have found a way to get rid of those dreaded wall poster movie files off my hard drive and wall, freed up 30GB of space which was 7 movies in total. That means I can replace 7 more movies that I actually want back onto my hard drive. Context below what worked for me and is pretty standard under Windows:

“To empty the Recycle Bin on your external hard-drive, go to "Computer" click on the hard-drive, then right click on the hard-drive and select 'Properties." On the General tab, click Disk Cleanup. It then shows the space you will save by deleting contents of the Recycle Bin. Click okay to start the process of Disk Cleanup. Instantly after the process is completed you will see how much space you recovered back from the cleanup.”

The Recycle Bin contains files you have deleted from your computer. These files are not permanently removed until you empty the Recycle Bin and the only way “easiest” way to clean out the recycle bin that I have found is by doing a Disk Cleanup. Don’t think the Movie Server can fully delete these files if you’re using windows as the operating system on your hard drive to store these movies.

Not sure about those filter issues you are having, haven't ran into that but I hope this will help some what!

Comment

Thanks for the Recycle Bin. This helped me get rid of the greyed out box issues. However I still have that Filter issue.

I don't have any issues when it start scanning the drive anew, but once it completed the scan, I always end up losing more than half of the filters, don't know why and DVD Fab not giving me any clue or answering at all

Comment

Hi Morphart,
                We have not been able to reproduce this problem. Please try 1) Refresh button, first on the MS gui

Name:	1-011 GUI REFRESH.png
Views:	80
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	343914

Also on the html PC editor page:

Name:	1-011 refresh html.png
Views:	74
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	343915

If neither of these correct the problem after a power cycle, please use the FEEDBACK option shown below, it will upload the logs to the developers:

Name:	1-011 FEEDBACKSTEPS.png
Views:	94
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	343916

Sorry this is still an issue, hope the above is helpful. DVDFab has added staff for the MS support team and they are working hard to address all issues.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi!

I will upload the logs to the developper. I even removed the HDD and added the HDD again and it scans it as a new HDD. At first all filter are there but at the end of the scan, still the same issue, some filters are missing

Comment

If you do not mind, please upload your database here.

The path to the database file is
                    \\your box ip\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\files\.vidon\userdata\database

Comment

Morphart, you can use the Attach files button to upload the database files that honeyjuice requested. PM me if you have any problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X