The Problem of Films Not Previously In The DVDFab Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Problem of Films Not Previously In The DVDFab Database

This problem relates somewhat to my previous post. When one is adding a commercial disc to the movie server it's title is scanned from the existing online movie database and that information is shown as the title, information and artwork that appears in our movie library. If the information is wrong than we are given the option of rescanning the selection and picking the appropriate title and information for the selected film. The problem is if the disc being entered correct information has never been entered into the online movie database then the title is moved to the video section with only the .iso name as information. The correct information and artwork can be entered manually but this information is not kept by the local media server and is lost once the system is rebooted with the film being again stripped of the added information and sent back to the video section as the proper info was not in the movie database. This has happen to a number of movies I have tried to enter.

So I guess my question is what movie database is DVDFab using to pull the information from and is it possible to add new content, both information and artwork to the existing database? Of course if the information added or corrected by the user could be saved to the HHD that the movies were stored on this would not be a problem.

Rebooting should not cause manually entered metadata to be erased, it does not on mine after the update to v1.0.0.9. Several that I manually entered after that update have now been through 10 or more reboots and are still intact. The update process to v1.0.0.9 did erase one of them however.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Unfortunately what's working for you isn't working the same for me. As you can see below I'm using v1.0.0.9.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic-2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	343476

But 26 of my recordings keep getting stripped of their manually entered metadata and sent to the Video section. Some such as Judy Garland Show Duets seem to get kicked back because there is no corresponding title in the online database so I had to enter the information and found poster art manually. The same can be said for the entire Deanna Durbin 4 disc collection that will not stay entered because it is not on the online database. Same thing for the Bob Hope Collection and The Best of the Mickey Mouse Club, all not in the online database and all not being retained correctly in the Smart Library. The rest are personal videos ripped from my DVDs with the information entered manually. This information is not retained and the files moved into the video area after a reboot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic-1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	343475

I think the problem would be solved if I could make an entry of the commercial discs information and artwork into the online database or if the manual information was programed to be stored on the HHD with the files then the problem would be solved. I of course can do neither of these things. Any suggestions?

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue. I am also using firmware v1.0.0.9. If the DVD is not recognized, and I manually enter data/images for the movie, after a reboot, the metadata and poster images are stripped. I have about ten discs that this happens for. It is a little frustrating. Is there anything that can be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Xiao Long View Post
          I am experiencing the same issue. I am also using firmware v1.0.0.9. If the DVD is not recognized, and I manually enter data/images for the movie, after a reboot, the metadata and poster images are stripped. I have about ten discs that this happens for. It is a little frustrating. Is there anything that can be done?
          Hello Xiao Long and SFMike,

Our developers noticed this problem, and will look into it as soon as possible.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

Thank You Mona!

Comment

Working...
            X