Pirates-Dead Men DVD issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates-Dead Men DVD issue

Running version .09 - just transferred Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales, DVD to MS with DVD Fab. File copied correctly. MS refuses to link up any data. Movie is listed on IMDB as tt1790809 and TMDB as 166426. TMDB has all the plot info, posters, etc. At first MS found nothing. I verified the Movie DB had the correct name and ID numbers. Then MS would find the movie (the three dots match function). Select the movie and nothing. It will not download any info for the movie and shows a grey screen. There is also a playback issue. If I select the grey screen it tries to play the movie and displays an error. If I go directly to the HDD and select the iso for playback, it works fine. This is the first problem like this I have had with over 400 DVD's. Any suggestions?

Partial fix.....The DVD was copied with DVDFab v10.0.6.4 and MS running v1.0.0.9. DVD Fab copied the movie into a folder called "PIRATES DEADMENTELLNOTALES" (a subfolder under DVDFab/Movies). The iso was named "PIRATES DEADMENTELLNOTALES.iso". MS Player does not like the space " ". From Movies, it would not play (even thought the links were correct) and would report an error. It would play directly from the HDD folder. I renamed the iso to "PIRATES_DEADMENTELLNOTALES.iso" (and made a manual change in the database) and it now plays fine from Movies menu. Apparently MS does not like the naming convention used by DVDFab. I haven't checked if the "%20%" convention would work. I don't know if this is a problem with DVDFab naming convention or MS player conventions. Whichever the case, I would expect products from the same company to adhere to the same naming conventions and work together.

Now I need to know why MS won't download the posters, actors, plot, etc.

Comment

Problems with no meta downloads is generally a title matching issue. I don't have the DVD of this but as I recall I had to rename it from the web interface to get things right. MS does not mind spaces in the name, I use the format <show title>space<s?<e?> for TV series and it works fine. I think I named the Blu-ray of this "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales". Rename it in the window that comes up after you click Matching. The default title name for The Mummy (2017) does not work either and has to be changed the same way as Pirates.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've tried renaming and finally re-copied the movie. This time it found some info, but not everything. It is not showing up as "Recently Added". In the Pirates Collection, it now shows the "Grey Screen" in the collection listing instead of the selected poster, but if selected, the poster and background are all correct. I'll continue to try other naming conventions, but I think something is wrong. When I click for matching, it finds the movie now, so there is no reason it should be having issues.

Comment

Working...
        X