Subtitle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle issues

I am having a similar problem with Air Force One and a few other movies. No intent to hijack the thread, but I think they are related. I have only DVD's. The DVD plays and works fine. Copied to MS. MS subtitle setting is "Off". Subtitles show when playing the movie in Menu Mode. Set subtitles off in the movie menu and they still show up when playing. Changed MS to "English" and same problem. Then, I used the remote Subtitles button and scrolled to "Off" while the movie is playing and they turned off. I tested this with both "Off/English" settings on MS with the same result. So it seem to me MS is ignoring its own setting and overriding the movie setting to play with subtitles on. Because I can override this while the movie is playing using the remote, I think it has to do with the "play the movie" function ignoring the settings. (To change the menu option on the movie I need to stop the movie, make the change and then start the movie again). I have tested this on a couple of other movies with the same result. This is a fairly recent change as I never had a problem with this in the past. I have over 400 movies on MS, so I could test it with others if needed. I did check that this is not CC. It is subtitles.

DuaneS, one thing to check is if the arrowhead symbol is present the subtitles will be on by default, click it off and they won't: Click image for larger version  Name:	default_subs.png Views:	1 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	344521
    Last edited by 90312; 11-15-2017, 03:01 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Duane, this is being checked, thanks for the feedback, Be sure to follow the example 90312 posted when processing titles and be certain the default arrow (circled in red) is off.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals and 90312. I only use the Full Disc Mode and the subtitle option in DVDFab is not available. I have never found a reason to use the Movie Only Mode with DVD's. I just double checked this by copying another movie. The referenced subtitle option is available in Movie Mode and it is not available in Full Disc Mode. I don't know what default setting is used with Full Disc, so the problem remains.

Comment

Working...
        X