Missing Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Posters

For the first time I have experienced missing posters that others have reported. In the normal power on cycle with the remote contol, MS hung up on "Accessing Server" for some reason and I needed to do a power off/on reset and then all seemed to work fine. I then noticed about 6-8 movies had the grey screen instead of the posters that I had stored. All but one were movies for which I had manually added posters. One was a commercial movie. I discovered what happened, but don't know why. In the database, for all the movies, the idMovie field in table tbVideosFile was set to -1. Also the ifail flag was set to 1. In the case of the commercial movie, the ifiletype was set to 4 for a TV show and I couldn't use the "..." search function as the movie option was blocked. I manually set all the idMovie values to their correct value as stored in table tbMovieEx, reset the ifail flag to 0 and for the commercial movie, set the type to 2 for movie. MS then was fine and all the posters and links worked correctly.

So that's what happened, but why did it happen? The database should not have been modified on a simple power up. I suspect the hard power recycle caused MS to scan the db in some fashion and during that process it made the changes when setting the ifail flag. Perhaps this will help find out why it is happening for other users as well.

I assume this was the 1.0.0.9 firmware. ? Click the Feedback button on the About page to send your logs to the developers. This happened to me once as well but has not recurred.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes on the firmware. Tried to send the logs and received message - Network Connection Failure, after a few minutes. That is not a valid error message. My internet connection is valid as I am using it now. I verified the MS on my network and all protocols are valid. Connected via ethernet. I can communicate with MS across the network from my PC, access MS with Explorer and DB Browser for SQLite and via Firefox browser. So there is no communication failure on the network or internet on this end. I have satellite internet, so there is some latency and there could be a handshake problem, especially now with heavy rain. If that is the problem, there is nothing I can do about it as where I live, its Satellite or Dial-up. I don't know where the files are stored, or I would just send them manually (if disclosure is an issue, you could PM me with file location and names and email to send them and I'll try that). I am wondering if there is some connection between the hang up this morning on "Accessing the Server" and this attempt? I tend not to believe in coincidence. MS has been on continually since I reset it, so the current logs should be valid for the errors. I don't know the content, so I don't know if they will contain the changes to the DB which I made. I also don't know if the logs will reset or clear if I turn MS off and restart. What would you like me to do?

Comment

There are tons of logs in these boxes, EVERYTHING gets logged. They are stored in a maze on the "sdcard" which you can access from the shared folder on your PC if the MS is on. The best thing here I think is to let one of the developers say which logs might be useful and tell you where in the maze they are located. I will ask someone to look at the thread and provide a log list. I agree with you about distrusting coincidence, especially with technology.

If the Feedback button doesn't work, upload instructions will be provided. They are too large to be attached in the forum, depending on which ones they need.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X