DVDFab Forum - Problems with name changes

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with name changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with name changes

    I thought the last firmware update was supposed to have fixed problem where you have eg. dune part 1 through to part 3 you would be able to separate them. Each time I separate them, and you scan movies, they get put together with the same name eg dune P2. You are now unable to tell which part is 1, 2 or 3. I have spend 3 weeks now trying to fix this. Every time I fix something it takes 3 - 4 hours to cycle through so that I can see the result. I checked .dvdfab directory and it is over 4 GB large. this could be why it takes so long, as it has to go through everything again.(full process) I hope some one can help me as I'm starting to loose my patience.
    Viking lost down under

  • #2
    Hi ejm,
    I am not 100% sure I understand the problem, but if you have a 2-part or 3-part movie and you want them to be individually addressable from the poster wall, it worked well for me using the Main Movie copy mode on DVDFab to create them. The v1.0.0.9 firmware will probably group them under one poster, but if you select it, the next page that opens should show the individual parts with a Play button for each. I did this with the TV version of Day of the Triffids, which was 2 parts. I use the same technique for all TV episodes as well, then each episode is individually selectable but does not clutter up the poster wall with 8-13 identical posters. If they are not grouped to suit you, use the webpage manager to manually group or separate them from your PC browser (xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:32080, where x= your MS's IP address)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

    Comment


    • #3
      Well I did that with the time machine (old and new) the day of the triffids (new and old) and several others, it worked fine with those after the new firmware update. But with Dune and Children of Dune when they are separated as 3 movies the posters will not show (names will be Dune P1 etc) on media server so that you know which is first, second and last but on the computer everything have correct names and posters. When you refresh movies on media server the revert into 1 folder. They all have posters but the names are all the same eg (Dune P2). Now you cannot tell which one is first, second or last.
      Viking lost down under

      Comment


      • #4
        I just wrote all about it, posted reply and than there was nothing. hope this is just the vetting procedure. will check later.
        Viking lost down under

        Comment


        • #5
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Children of dune.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	344867
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Children of dune 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	344868

          I attached these photo's in the hope that someone can help. After renaming them again 9 (jpg 1) and taking about 4 hours to refresh (jpg 2) they all were renamed the same. After another refresh (jpg 3) they are all grouped under the same name. This is about the 8-9th time I've done this. Rather depressing. Had to remove 3rd jpg as only 2 are allowed.
          Viking lost down under

          Comment


          • #6
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Children of dune 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	344870

            Here is the last one.
            Viking lost down under

            Comment

            Working...
            X