where can I download latest firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Question where can I download latest firmware

Where can we download latest firmware ? OTA fails and the link in the how to manually update firmware results in downloading version 1.0.0 sdk 1.0.0.0..
    As the version is written nowhere I actually performed the update and downgraded to 1.0.0 sdk 1.0.0.0.
    I have lost MS manager and all the new features making the movie server close to worthless.
    WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE PACKAGE ??

No need to shout. I will have a link for you shortly. What happens when you try OTA, it should work.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It downloads fine to 100% then after few seconds the white pop up come up ; failed. Cancel or try later

Furthermore I received the media server two days ago. Saw that there was an update. OTA as said fails all the time so I saw the link under how to manually update firmware on the DVDFab site. I downloaded that one. Flashed the media server and found out ....that in fact I downgraded as this package flashes back to version 1.0.0 sdk 1.0.0.0.

So I'm for the moment stuck with this initial version. Ie. No ms manager no nothing.

And OTA still fails as described above. So Unless I find a newer firmware package I'm lost

Any help appreciated

Comment

And sorry hadn't the intention to SHOUT. Wanted just to grab the attention of somebody

Comment

People on 2 continents watch for things like this, but in the future you can send me a PM. All is good. Check your network connection. To prepare your MS for this, it is probably best to do the factory reset if it appears in the Settings menu anywhere, if not try the update. v1000 is basically a brain dead box . Find either a USB flash drive (preferred) or a USB hdd in a dock, you will need one or the other to do this.
          • Shut Down the MS using the IR remote
          • Download the file from here, then transfer the update.zip to the root directory of the usb jumpdrive and plug it into the USB 3.0 jack on the back of the unit.
          • Power the unit up. It should find the update package and ask if you want to proceed, if not click on USB Update in Settings->About
          • It should now update and restart, allow it to finish booting before proceeding.
          • Shut Down the MS with the IR remote
          • Remove the USB stick
          • Power on again and check for proper operation

If you have any problems with this, post again.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks a lot !! Very appreciated. I'll do so ASAP and report back if I have an issue.
            your quick response is VERY appreciated. (without shouting ;-))

Comment

You are welcome, hope you enjoy the MS. It has changed the way I watch movies, I can tell you.

Comment

I'm looking forward to use it. From what i saw so far it has a lot of potential. I use htpc's and network media streamers since a very very long time and I tried and owned pretty much all of it. Be it pure softwares (jriver, kodi, plex) or standalone boxes (A500 - dune HD - dune solo 4K - HiMedia) or even more serious stuff like oppo's 93 - 103 - 203. They all have their pro and cons.
                Clearly the twist of it all is the licencing and DRM legislation which still has it's interpretation spaces and loopholes. This and software pieces like libbluray actually shape what is possible and what is not.

I look forward seeing what is possible with MS ...

Comment

Working...
                X