Double Movie Copies When Re-Scanning HDD After Powering Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback Double Movie Copies When Re-Scanning HDD After Powering Up

Having a problem with turning the movie server off and it re-scans the hard drive when I put it back into the movie server. Seems like every time I take the hard drive out the server to check certain movie files, it creates two of the same movies when I put it back into the movie server and only when it mentions that a ‘New Hard Drive Is Detected’. After it repopulates all the wall posters, it’s randomly doubling up on the same movies into a collection folder. I know I only copied those movies one time to the server. I have 8 of these double movie folders, not even sure which one to delete because I can’t find any double ISO files when I pull it from the movie server to my extended drive. I did find 2 of those double movies and both were renamed under a different movie title. The original ISO folder has the Video_TS folder in it which I know the main movie resides their and can play the movie from there using DVDfab media player. The other copy of the movie and folder I’m not familiar with and it has the IFO file and subtitles in it with play icon thumbnails only. I can play the full movies from both folders by hitting the Video_TS folder and by hitting the IFO file in the other one. Both folders are not the same size but they are very close in size, the IFO folder is a toad bit smaller but not by much. Really not understanding why it’s keeps putting extra movies on the drive when it re-scans. Not sure if the movies are actually doubling up but it seems like it is. Will pay attention to my hard drive size before I take it out the movie server next time if I need too.

Hi Down2Earth, thanks for the feedback. This may be related to an issue that the developers are aware of and are working on now. To help with a solution, please retrieve the server log file and zip and attach it to a new post. You can find the file here: [your MS IP]\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launcher\ files\.vidon\profile. The file is named in this format: 21071117-server.log. Thanks for the help with solving this issue.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, trying to send you guys the server log but I’m not sure how to do that or if I’m even doing it right. What are you using to put your MS IP and all the other information behind it to launch the server profile log? I tried putting all that information into DVDfab using MS Manager and it keeps coming up with “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" then my MS IP address after that message”

Do you have any links or illustrations that you have previously posted already showing you how to do this, like the ones you have highlighted at the bottom of all your posts. For example like the “Supplying DVDfab Logs In The Forum”. Know the folder exist in what you are asking for but not sure how to get there or unmask it. Point me in the right direction and I will find my way. Thanks!

Comment

Hi D2E, there is an easier way to do it. Follow these steps.
        • Turn on your MS and let it boot fully
        • On your PC, open (My)(This) Computer (Windows Explorer), you should see a screen like that shown below.
        • Click on Network
        • Click on Android device
        • Double Click on the Share folder, follow the path to the logs listed above by double clicking to open each one until you see the logs
        • Select the one that says a date followed by "..server.log" and right click to select Copy
        • Paste it onto your desktop, then attach it to a post.

Let me know if this does not work correctly.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 FINDLOG.png
Views:	78
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	345126

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X