WiFi Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request WiFi Connection

First post and I am really happy that you have provided the Movie Server.

Every time the MS is powered on the WiFi is connected. It appears that the MS first looks to see if there is a wired connection and then goes to wireless. When it goes to wireless it looks at the connection that are listed alphabetically. If you have your networked connection named as wifi_2 and wifi_5 for 2 ghz and 5 ghz when you power on you will alway connect to the one that is first alphabetically, that would be wifi_2. At present time, I go into settings and change it to wifi_5 every time, so I do not have a conflict with usb 3.0 for my external drive.

Can you fix it so that when you choose a wifi connection that is can be saved and when the MS powers up it will always use that connection?

Thanks for you consideration.

Hi goat, the wifi settings are normally saved if you use the Shut Down on the IR remote. If you are turning off the power switch on the back of the box, I am not sure how it would behave. Which firmware is currently on your MS? The wifi driver was changed recently, so it may behave differently now. I am using one of the Cloud Beta firmwares for testing, which may have the old driver.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It does not matter if I use the power off switch on the movie server or the remote. I usually use the remote and it changes the wifi setting. I am on the latest release for the movie server. V1.0.1.0

Comment

I tried to reply but it doesn't show. I use the remote on v1.0.1.0

Comment

Working...
        X