Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback 3D MKV Playback

Hi,

Is it possible to play MVC encoded 3D MKV files. I've tried copying a few over to my Media Server with the .mk3d file extension and it doesn't support playback, if I change it to .mkv it plays in 2D only and the side menu doesn't give me the option for MVC or frame packing leaving me to think I must use ISO full disk clones of my disks.

Any help would be great.

John

DMS supports mvc mkv (import by make mkv) file playback.I'll let the testers verify that again.

Comment

Hi WHP,
      The devs say changing the file extension should play normally for mvc mkv. Please scan the file with MediaInfo and attach the text output to a new post.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your help. Will try again and report back.

John

Comment

I am having the same problem the movie server needs to support mk3d playback, as I have tried to play a file with the file extension changed to mkv, it detects it is a 3D movie, but when ever I try to play it in 2D or 3D as it asks me how I want to watch, it refuses to play and just stops and reverts back to the movie selection screen.

Changing the file extension to mkv isn't a good option anyhow as players on a PC need it to be mk3d to play in 3D as they do not detect it as 3D and only play it as 2D.

How you have not given support for this format from the start is beyond me.

Comment

Hi ting,

Now that DMS 2.0.2 is out would it be possible to associate the MK3D file extension with 3D movies.

It would also be great if it added these to a 3D section. Right now I have to change the extension to mkv then update my library then decide which copy is the 3D version.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by weehappypixie View Post
              Hi ting,

Now that DMS 2.0.2 is out would it be possible to associate the MK3D file extension with 3D movies.

It would also be great if it added these to a 3D section. Right now I have to change the extension to mkv then update my library then decide which copy is the 3D version.

Thanks,

John
              What your mean is the file like this "xxxx.mk3d" ?

Comment

Hi ting,

Yes please. I have 2 versions of some movies, 2D and 3D. The 2D uses xxxx.mkv and the 3D one uses xxxx.mk3d as per the official specs.

Thanks,

​​​​​​​John

Comment

Originally posted by weehappypixie View Post
                  Hi ting,

Yes please. I have 2 versions of some movies, 2D and 3D. The 2D uses xxxx.mkv and the 3D one uses xxxx.mk3d as per the official specs.

Thanks,

​​​​​​​John
                  ok, got it, I wil add the support of file "*.mk3d"

Comment

Thank you ting. That would be fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X