About To Add New Hard Disc Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Devices About To Add New Hard Disc Drive

I've filled my first hard disc drive and I'm ready to add another to my collection. My question is when I remove my original drive to switch to my new on, will I be losing library information from that drive. When I re-insert my first drive again will the information on my poster wall be the same or will I have to re-enter information that might be lost, deleted of scrambled from the way it is presented now. I ask because of the issues that sometime come up when rebooting the system when naming and poster art is changed and has to be manually corrected. I would hate to have to re-enter all the previously manually entered data. I would like to know the success other users have had when switching out hard drives before I start using a new one. Thanks in advance for your comments.

I think it will depend on the nature of the firmware when you make the change. The one currently under development is designed to preserve it, but I'm pretty sure the current content will have to be redone for this next firmware anyway. I have had to redo mine for some of the testing of two pre-alpha versions of the next-gen (the one that will work without an internet connection). I guess my advice would be to wait if you can, and just have to do it once when the new firmware comes out.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

The new test version is trying to improve such applications.But still not stable enough.

Comment

Working...
        X