No announcement yet.

On TV "Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On TV "Resolution not supported. Change the resolution of the external device"

My 4k tv died, and I hooked up the MS to my non-4K television, and now I am getting the above error. Any ideas?

did you try the change resolution on the remote control ??

Comment

Restart the DMS, more recent firmwares should default to 720p on restart if you had it set for Auto. Also, see what the alternate TV is set for. If it is connected to the DMS via HDMI it should negotiate on powerup.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        did you try the change resolution on the remote control ??
        I had looked at the remote briefly for a solution, but soon gave up. After seeing your post, I looked at it again, and there was an option for "resolution" Even though the MS said 720P I switched it via the remote to 1080 and it worked! I am now able to see the MS on the alternate TV. Now I just have to decide which new TV to get! Can't wait to be able to use that extended warranty! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X