maybe hardware issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback maybe hardware issue

A couple of days ago, when watching movies I noticed that when I stopped playing a movie and than came back I had to fast forward to the point where I stopped. This is in both folder and interface mode. When I refreshed the library it came up with this error message. The firmware was 1.0.1.0.
    I than down loaded firmware 1.0.1.2 and installed it. It loads 39 movies with posters and heaps as videos. In total I have around 950 movies and tv series on a 8 TB drive. When going to edit them on computer I get a new message: "account log in" debug password.
    I've tried several times re-installing the firmware (both), same result each time.
    Under 1.0.1.0 when I try loading/editing movies I get different amounts of movies/tv series.

Error message is :

It appears that you are running short of movies in the media library, you can use the copy module of DVDfab to copy your DVDs & Blu-rays and save them on DVDFab Movie Server as ISO files.
    Last edited by ejm; 01-17-2018, 03:38 AM.
    Viking lost down under

This is a bug that should not happen on pause, but may happen on seek.
    Can you upload the source files to me or singnals?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The new firmware stopped using the 32080 function.plz use dms.dvdfab.cn to manage your media.
    For multi-partition disk, not yet supported, wewill support this feature as soon as possible.Meanwhile, the database upgrade process will occur data loss.
    Last edited by Juice; 01-17-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

hi ejm,
      Please check you forum PM inbox for an information request from the developers.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
        (...) When going to edit them on computer I get a new message: "account log in" debug password.
        I've tried several times re-installing the firmware (both), same result each time.

ejm : the page you see with Account log in debug password is not a bug. The ability to edit your library directly with the PC has been closed out on purpose by the developers after firmware version 1.0.1.0 you have to use the cloud manager @dms.dvdfab.cn.

Comment

Hi eddysback, I've never done this before, could you please explain further. thanks
          Viking lost down under

Comment

As you certainly know, up to firmware 1.0.1.0 you could easily edit your posters with the web manager. see here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ta-for-mserver
            This was perfect as it allowed you to edit and correct metadata.

This ability has been closed on purpose by dvdfab in the new firmwares. If you try above mentioned on the new firmwares you will be presented with a login page which asks for a debug password.

Users are now forced to edit their poster wall in their respective dvdfab's cloud accounts.

To do so your DMS sends :

- all your movie paths to dvd fab so the right metadata can be automatically found and scrapped automatically. [This is also why you are supposed to follow strict naming conventions with your files to increase automatic scrapping success rates.] https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...and-tv-renamer

- your watching habits so that it can populate the "watched history".

In fact after firmware 1.0.1.0 you are obliged to login into your dvdfab cloud account (https://dms.dvdfab.cn) to edit the library which is on your DMS.

The poster data is then resent and stored on your DMS.
            Last edited by eddysback; 01-18-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I did that and it doesn't allow me to do anything except to continue to DVDFab sales of software and media player.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
              X