IP Address Watermark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request IP Address Watermark

Simple feature request...If possible can the IP address of the server be put on the main screen? The unit grabs an IP address from the router, since I first got this it consistently grabbed the same IP address but today it grabbed a different one, rendering my bookmark unusable. It's easy enough to find but I thought it would be nice to see it on the TV screen as a watermark, maybe under the HDD and network icons?

Upper right hand corner...What do you think?

If it is accepted the panel that the info is in should be clear. What I did was to merge to different pictures just for visual representation, I just don't know how to do that in paint shop. It's really just a reflection of the information in the web interface for the 'Smart Library' except for the disk usage. I guess it's more of an overlay than a watermark.
    Attached Files

Comment

OOPS...that might be to large! This is the Upper Right Hand Corner!

Click image for larger version

Name:	URHC.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	348418

Comment

Would be much simpler if you just went to your DHCP server and assign a static IP to the MAC address of the Movie Server. Then every time you power on the Movie Server it will obtain the same "dynamic" IP.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post
          Would be much simpler if you just went to your DHCP server and assign a static IP to the MAC address of the Movie Server. Then every time you power on the Movie Server it will obtain the same "dynamic" IP.
          I didn't see where to do that at, I have the R8500 Nighthawk by Netgear?

Comment

See page 76 of your user manual.

Reserve an IP Address To reserve an IP address:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
            2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net. A login window opens.
            3. Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin.The default password is password.The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.
            4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > LAN Setup. The LAN Setup page displays.
            5. In the Address Reservation section, click the Add button. The page adjusts.
            6. In the IP Address field, type the IP address to assign to the computer or server. Choose an IP address from the router’s LAN subnet, such as 192.168.1.x.
            7. Type the MAC address of the computer or server.
            Tip: If the computer is already on your network, you can copy its MAC address from the Attached Devices page and paste it here.
            8. Click the Apply button. The reserved address is entered into the table.

Comment

Hey thanks duc135, the movie server is off right now but the router took the info. I had a screen capture of the client table so I had the mac id and name. I can't find that owners manual to save my life, I'm not very good at saving stuff like that plus I am visually disabled...one eye is gone and the other isn't good. Thanks again!

Comment

Still not a bad idea to show the IP address and some other data on the main screen, plenty of room for it. Maybe also the WiFi SSID. I will pass it on to the developers.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals!

Comment

Working...
                  X