1/31/18 v1012 Beta Scraping Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/31/18 v1012 Beta Scraping Issues

I haven't had a chance to check my entire library, but have 2 movies that are obvious issues so far and may provide some help in finding a fix. Firstly, I have a number of movies that could be called a movie, TV miniseries or made for TV movie. Thus far, they only scrape as movies and never as TV Shows.

Example is "Noble House (1988)" a TV miniseries. It scrapes correctly for information, but the only poster choice is Magyar - no English versions at all. Its IMDB #tt0094521. Using TMDB reveals a possible issue. TMDB has it classified as both a movie and TV show. The Movie # is 75173 and the TV # is 13841. The TV number has the correct posters in English while the Movie number only has Magyar poster. However, even though correctly named, it only scrapes the movie and not the TV option.

Another problem example is "Shooting the Past (1999)". For some reason, the scraper insists on using "Blast from the Past (1999)" Not sure why it won't link correctly, but may be the same issue of classifying as TV and Movie. Blast from the Past has IMDB#tt0124298 and TMDB#11622. Shooting the Past has IMDB#tt0184157 and TMDB# as a MOVIE of 211555 but as a TV SHOW as 16288. Shooting the Past was a made for TV Movie.

I think there may be some correlation between defining a Movie/Made for TV Movie/TV Show. The scraper doesn't seem to work if the movie is classified as a TV show and named accordingly. But when named and scraped as a movie it seems to confuse the choices.

Let me know what you may need to try to figure this out. I can change the ID numbers in the database and see if that gets a correct poster scrape if that will help.

Duane

Thanks for the feedback Duane, some of this seems to be ambiguous entries in the databases. For me, it saw the 2-part Day of the Triffids from TV as movies, which was fine but I had to do the posters manually.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please use the new 1012 version

Comment

Working...
      X