Latest update problem 3 Feb 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest update problem 3 Feb 18

Today I turned on my media server , and an update was available .. I updated the box .. and after a reeboot .. everything seems ok .. I have network pass on wifi and wired .. but when I go to the login screen , it says I have no internet connection ... I have wasted several hours , keep typing in my credentials , which are the same as my dvdfab 10 login ..I can`t understand why you can`t do anything without any internet , because internet is not required on my setup .. Also can it be booted from usb flash with new firmware on .. or a factory default setting ..
    Thank You

I'm also having trouble activating my media server with the new firmware. i get the same message that there is a problem with my internet connection. I've tried wired and wireless with no success. I also reflashed the firmware 3 times with the same result. You can reflash the firmware with the update on a USB flashdrive by shutting the power off with the rear switch, pressing the reset button on the back in while powering the unit back on and after a few seconds releasing the reset switch. Until this is resolved I'm going to reinstall 1.0.1.1. Hopefully I won't suddenly have problems activating it and it will bring my brick back to life.

Comment

I am lucky enough to get it updated and working. However, unlike what it claimed that user data will not be lost, the complete library information has to be refreshed again. The problem I encountered was that when I used my desktop to access the server using a browser, it asked "debug password" on the Account Log In Screen (this screen was never there before). I am stuck and have fired an e-mail to the support team. This is a sloppy roll out with so many unexpected problems.

Comment

In addition, I used DVDFab 10 to activate the media server, I think I had the same problem of activation via the internet. If you guys has DVDFab 10. use it to activate the server.

Comment

Originally posted by prologic View Post
          Today I turned on my media server , and an update was available .. I updated the box .. and after a reeboot .. everything seems ok .. I have network pass on wifi and wired .. but when I go to the login screen , it says I have no internet connection ... I have wasted several hours , keep typing in my credentials , which are the same as my dvdfab 10 login ..I can`t understand why you can`t do anything without any internet , because internet is not required on my setup .. Also can it be booted from usb flash with new firmware on .. or a factory default setting ..
          Thank You
          it worked eventually .. not sure because i tried an older password or not .. just relieved its running .. also got the remote to work on my harmony remote as well .

Comment

I believe the server for the dms.dvdfab.cn Manager may be overloaded with everyone's box trying to access it at the same time. Please try it again later. See this thread: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...s-with-1-0-1-2
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same issue. Sometimes it won't access my account through DvdFab 10 other times it will. If it does it won't activate. I'm gonna let it sit for a bit and try again later

Comment

Originally posted by prologic View Post

it worked eventually .. not sure because i tried an older password or not .. just relieved its running .. also got the remote to work on my harmony remote as well .
                How did you do that? I have a Harmony 650 and would love to use it.

Comment

Still can't activate

Comment

I was finally able to connect. Probably 70% lost the meta data and show us as videos.

Now I cannot access the server with the web browser. Its the same IP address as before. It goes to an Account Login asking for a debugger password.

Help please. Fixing meta data is much easier from a web browser. Thanks
                    Last edited by Hunter1955; 02-04-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem. Usually after activating a dozen times or more it would activate. I assume there must be some sort of lag time involved before it activates.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                      X