Problems with 1.0.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacman View Post
    my server fails to connect the server to the internet, it says to check the network connection and try again, trying again does not work. I am using an Ethernet connection. I tried disconnecting Ethernet and used wireless without success and got the same network message
    the server fails to activate. I would like to revert to a previous firmware as I have read that samba does not work wit 1012. I have just this morning got samba working on my network. I have downloaded the 1010 file but do not know how to install it
    Ive been trying for 2 days to get it past the activation screen using both manual and via dvd fab 10, all I get is internet connection faliure, was working great on 1010 I have no idea
    what 1012 is like as I cant get that far lol, think im going back to 1010 and see if that still works.

Someone has dropped a huge gaff with this release!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

I'm trying the product you list here. It opens up and seems to connect. All I get is a spinning circle when I click on movies. It's been running for 30 minutes with no change

Update: I click between Movies/TV shows and Video and I eventually get a list of movies. It's not a complete list by any measure. Maybe half. Now most of the movies are in an Asian language. Whenever I try to fix one all of my choices are also in Chinese(I think) Not sure what to do next.
      Please give me a direction to go with this. Thanks
      Update #2: This morning all my movies are back in English. It's like it took 24 hours to scrape them all. Still some other issues like how slow using (https://dms.dvdfab.cn/#/index) is!!!!

Comment

Yesterday the MS decided I needed to re-activate, but would just generate an error when I tried to do so. This morning, I have been able to activate the system again.

All media (100+ files) came up blank (no posters) just like yesterday. went to dms.dvdfab.cn and, surprise, I could login. It appears that the scrapping process is proceeding slowly (very slowly).

I've attempted to correct an couple of errors in scraping. I get no response from the cloud based editing system. After 4 hours of scrapping, I finally stopped the system and loaded a new hard drive in the server with 1 single video file on it. The cloud system now shows 2 posters of the same video. Both of them are pointing to non-existing files. The web page continues to pop up messages about "successfully updating file XXXX". The files it reference do not exist on my media streamer.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The server load was extremely high and may still be as everyone's DMS logs in for the first time with the 1012 firmware. If it fails, please try it again.

pacman

You can install the old firmware by putting it in the root directory of a USB jumpdrive and plugging it in the USB jack on the back of the unit. The file must be renamed "update.zip" for the DMS to recognize it and perform the update.It will first ask if you want to open the USB drive, just tell it Yes, it should then fiind the update file. If not, you can force it to look again by clicking on the USB Update button on the About page in Settings.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My frustration level with 1012 firmware is at critical levels. I believe I will end up reverting to previous firmware before too long.

At this point, I have 2 movies loaded on the MS. Movie 1 shows up on the MS as a "Video" with no poster info. In dms, it shows up as a "movie" with the correct poster info. How do I force the DMS data back to the MS so that shows correctly?

Second movie shows up ad "movie" in MS with no poster data. In dms it is a "Video" with no info. I tried to do a "fix match", but wound up with a blank icon with a spinning circle in the middle of it. Been that way for about 30 minutes now.

Comment

After eventually getting 1012 to activate I ended up with 4 movies showing and everything on my NAS had vanished and no idea how to find them (over 200 movies) so flashed back to 1010 and within a couple of minutes everything back to how it was working as it did with easy access to adjust all details to posters etc, Im reluctant to update from now on without waiting and reading the forum to see what issues there might be.

My advice is to downgrade ASAP for now until the issues are resolved

Comment

I was one of the early adopters for the movie server, having received mine in July of 2017. What I received was barely unusable, however, the DVDFAB team began issuing software upgrades at a fairly rapid rate. By the time the 1010 release came about, the system was pretty good. Still room for improvement, but quite usable.

Then 1012 comes and the system is back to the state it was in last July. Perhaps even worse.

I have been using 1012 for 3 days now. For those three days, I have been working almost constantly to get the media player into a usable configuration. So far, I have managed to get a total of 3 movies with correct information out of the 100+ I have on the system.

I finally reinstalled 1010. In less that an hour, ALL of my media has correct information and my collections have been re-established. I can once again use the system.

It is pretty obvious that this roll-out of cloud based management has been a total disaster. The software was nowhere ready for production and the "cloud" did not have anywhere near sufficient resources to handle the loading. The negatives associated with switching to cloud based management are now very obvious.

While I did like some of the user interface mods made to the media server in 1012, I will be staying with 1010. It is far from perfect, but at least I have a functional system now instead of a 1012 brick. Perhaps in the future new software will be stable enough production use.

Comment

They might try to beta test the new release with a few people....they did not test many of the functions that are now broken.

Comment

No, what they should do is get a real tester. I test software for a living. This crap would NEVER have been allowed out of the developer's box.
                    My box rebooted, it comes up and forgets what the attached drive is. Used to be sdb, now it is sda. It loses EVERYTHING I did for the last two
                    days, fixing 500 movies.

Oh HELL no am I going through this again. I'm downgrading and never EVER taking an upgrade again.

Comment

Can someone PLEASE tell me, what is going on with this Movies server?????
                      I mean, lack of info, no links to firmware, and if I found link it is the same old firmware. Promised customer support virtually nonexistent!!!
                      I think I will simply dispute charge for this box and wait for DVDFab get back to me and send it back where it came from!
                      So damn frustrated with these updates, or movie library errors or wrong names.

Comment

There have certainly been some problems and no one regrets them more than DVDFab. There have been some recent personnel changes that have slowed development, but things should be rolling again very soon. Until then, the v1013 firmware works pretty well for many users, or you can revert to v1010. The 1011/1012 releases are not recommended. If you need an update for 1010 or 1013, send me a PM, I will arrange a download.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X