No announcement yet.

Same Issues With New Update - Library Is A Disaster And Can't Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Same Issues With New Update - Library Is A Disaster And Can't Update

I have a lot of wrong poster on the movie server wall. Also have 2 and 3 movie posters that are the same in addition to several blank movie posters with no meta information and zero play time but when you hit the movie play tab on the blank movie poster a movie plays. How are we supposed to be editing the metadata? There should be a way to edit the movie posters right from the movie server and wall. Those blank movie posters do not show up under the movie manger dms.dvdfab.cn site. In fact I have been only able to fix two metadata information under the new DMS Manager. I have tried scan library so many times it’s not funny and it’s just not fixing itself. I also tried the rebuild library tab and almost lost my cookies because it said I didn’t have a movie library anymore after it finished and I had to rebuild another one. Powered off the movie server and now the movie posters and metadata are repopulating which is taking really long but there are still many that need to be edited, I have 920 movies on the server and it’s been 4 hours populating now and still missing a bunch of movies. My Blade collection is missing and only two movies shows up, my James Bond collection same thing there are 25 Bond movies only 5 shows up, Resident Evil collection all the poster are the same, Insidious 2 just totally vanished. How are we supposed to change the metadata if you don’t know what movie is to change it using the DMS Manager. And how about the blank wall posters on the server that don’t even show up on the DMS Manager to even update it.

I didn’t turn my movie sever off Friday night just switched TV inputs to cable, switched back to the TV movie server input Saturday and the Firmware1.0.1.2 was present asking me to “Update” or “Cancel the Update”. I know I moved the cursor over to “Cancel the Update” but when I hit Cancel it started downloading the update anyway. I didn’t want to update yet and this update was more like a ransom update that was forced on me. Was very happy with 1.0.1.0, not happy with this update at all, think it’s a step back right now because things just aren’t right, an update should be a 1:1 update, this is not that!

Thanks for the feedback! There will hopefully be another update late this week, until then you can revert to v1010 if you prefer.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I totally agree, its quite possibly worse than ever. My 'TV Series' has all wrong names, can't change them because you can't identify what is in them without going in and playing from the box.
      I will say it again, cloud should compliment not be a requirement, i.e. build web services to help, it was absurd I couldn't even load my library because dms.dvdfab.cn was down, then once it was backup I couldn't map a folder because it was broken, these are basic functions that have no business being in the cloud app.
      In addition playing UHD 4K MKV files has gotten a lot worse with this build it won't go more than one or two minutes before skipping/stuttering.

Comment

Working...
      X