Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.0.1.2 Upgrade : translations problems (French) after scraping and lost collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.1.2 Upgrade : translations problems (French) after scraping and lost collection

Hello,

I live in the French part of Switzerland and my mother tongue is FRENCH. So, I use ONLY the French language in the DVDFab Movie Server!
    I have a lot of iso files (DVD, BR and 3D BR) on my NAS. With the Firmware 1.0.1.0 and scraping with the old method [your DMS IP]:32080 (language and scrap selected in French) all my movies where perfectly scraped in French (Posters, synopsis, genre & Plot, and so on).
    Last week, the Server asked me to update the firmware by OTA. I did that…..
    After the first reboot, the server began automatically to scan my Movie collection and, after several minutes, all my collection (Poster, synopsis) was in Chinese !!!!
    I began again the scan of my collection by using the new method DMS Manager at https://dms.dvdfab.cn (by having selected the language in French, what put me automatically the scrap in FR). And now, I have half of my collection in English and the other half which disappeared. I tried several times (when the link https://dms.dvdfab.cn is from time to time available (!!)) to scan again my collection, but nothing happens.
    Thus this server is now perfectly unusable for me. I wasted a lot of time. I am very frustrated, even very irritated. What I can do now ?

Greetings (sorry for my bad English…..)

Hi Mophi,
    There was a server issue that complicated the update to the v1012 firmware, apologies for the difficulties. I suggest that for now you revert to the v1010 firmware, it will restore the function of the local Manager on port 32080. You can download it here: http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=MS_A1_SDK and place it on a USB jumpdrive to accomplish a USB update. The server/scraper problems are being addressed by the developers. Do not use the Factory Reset option in the DMS Settings; the reset button on the rear of the unit likewise should be avoided barring a complete lockup/crash of the unit.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't understand...I thought to downgrade toe v1010 you place the files on a USB, turn off the server. push in the reset...hold for 10 seconds after turning on...release reset.

If this is wrong...you need to put current help files somewhere...by version number...so we know what the hell we are to do!

You create a lot of problems with very unclear descriptions and even contradictory instructions from one post to another and you have to read all the posts to find new steps to do.

Have a central help file with the proper instructions for each line in the settings! Will save you time in the long run.

Like having the "Recreate User Data" option in v1012 that is not suppose to be there and you forgot to take it out!

Comment

No need to reset. Place update1010 on flash drive naming it just update and put it in usb slot on the back. Go to settings- about- usb update and choose the flash drive and then click ok. That's how I do it flawlessly.

Comment

That's correct jimczyz. I did it simply so and have again got back all my collection in French.

Thank you signals. If you have something new for me (tests in french language), let me know....

Comment

The best practices for updates have changed as the product has evolved, you can still use the reset button to make an update, but all user data will be erased. The USB option I described in post #2 is currently the best procedure to follow. Thanks Mophi, hope you enjoy using the DMS.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals,

I’m not certain to understand what you mean by “hope you enjoy using the DMS” ? I’ve downgraded to version 1.0.1.0 like you explain me, but in this version, it is not possible to use the DMS Manager at https://dms.dvdfab.cn ? Only the former [your DMS IP]:32080 ! Or have I misunderstood something ?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Signals,

Is there a chance to get the scraping problems in other languages than English or Chinese fixed in a (very) near future?

Comment

I just did the downgrade to 10.10 and everything is back. It work flawlessly. This is one downgrade that I will never loose.
                  The upgrade looked great but the major flaws were just too much.

Comment

All,
                    There will be further changes, both to improve the scraper and to the database itself. If you have difficulties, temporarily revert to v1010 and use the port 32080 Manager to edit/correct metadata (as user mxpereztx did above). The updates are made available on an ASAP basis, but be aware that the Chinese Spring Festival (Lunar New Year) holiday begins in a few days and after that there are not likely to be any updates for the DMS or DVDFab for a few weeks. This is the reason I am suggesting v1010 to users with basic usability issues. And again, do not use the Factory Reset or other data-wiping functions on the DMS when updating firmware, all your old data will be deleted.

Comment

Working...
                    X