Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimum disk and network speed for playback over the network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum disk and network speed for playback over the network?

Hi,

Does anyone know the minimum disk/network speed needed to play a high bit rate blue ray with uncompressed 7.1 surround? Is that possible over a gigabit network connection?

In theory a gigabit network should deliever 125MB/sec, and I see in the corner of DMS a data rate that's often around 25 (though I didn't catch the units).

I recently ran into some audio stuttering and wonder if it's possible that's caused by either a slow network or a slow disk system.

Thanks

- Jack

If you are using gigabit wired network connection, the speed is more than enough to playback Blu-ray/UHD disc images.

Where did you store the disc images, the internal hard drive or NAS?
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

For some content, there is an issue with the automatic switching on or off for audio Passsthrough, which causes audio to be out of position or to mute briefly. Please try setting Passthrough to either on or off instead of Auto mode to see if it helps.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The stuttering happened when it was on a windows 2008 R2 server, shared with SMB -The server is fairly old and has 3 1.5 TB drives in a raid 5 array, which is handled via intel raid.
        If I remember the 1.5 TB were from a "green" series years ago, they may only be 4200 RPM.

I copied the file from my server to a new 8TB USB drive attached to the DVD Fab server, and a few minutes of quick viewing look promising.

Signals, thanks for the passthrough suggestion, I'll try setting it to on. I do get a second of muting during initial playback and playback after pause, so this could help with that.

Fengtao, Signals, thank you both for your replies!

Comment

Working...
        X