Changes to movies made in the new DMS Manager do not show up on the DMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to movies made in the new DMS Manager do not show up on the DMS

I have several movies that I have updated the info in the new DMS Manager. These changes show up just fine in the DMS Manager online, but do not update the info on the DMS its self. I have tried using the refresh option on the DMS and restarted it several times.

There are only 4 titles that I'm having an issue with, the rest update just fine. Not sure what could be the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi,

We will check it ASAP, sorry for this to trouble you.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I have also had this happen to me. I have done edits to my library using the web interface only to see them not be shown on my MS. Is there a time lag before changes should show up on the Movie Server?

Comment

It has been over a week, and still no change on mine. The rest that worked, updated within 15 minutes.

It's just these few, it's possible that it had something to do with the scraper not identifying them correctly. I had to manually edit these using info from TMDb, but they remain unchanged in DMS.

If it were all the movies that I had to manually edit that would not update on the DMS I would say that was the problem, but I have at least twice that number that I have manually edited after they were miss identified that updated to the DMS just fine. It's a mystery to me.

Comment

Double check the movie name, this is a frequent cause of scraper failure.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, the names of the movie files are completely different. Also keep in mind, they are correctly identified on the DMS Manager online, it's just not transfering the correct info to the DMS box.

Here is a snap shot of what I see for box art on the DMS Manager Online:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	89
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	350469
            And this is what I see on the DMS box for the same movie:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	86
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	350470

Comment

Those are for 2 different movies. The top one is Star Wars Rebels. I checked on mine and it only shows the correct poster for The Force awakens. Possibly because I'm still using v1.0.1.0. on my box. I'm staying with that until I'm convinced a newer firmware is bug free. I'm having no problems at all with that version.

Comment

@jimczyz - That is correct. Originally the DMS manager online, identified "Rebels" (This was one of the mini movies for a season opener) as "Force Awakens". I then edited the info manually and fixed it, but DMS local never updated to the corrected info. I don't think this cloud based system is working too well. I think we should scrape the info, store it locally, and be able to customize any of the info we need.

With this movie in particular I have the Rebels box art and BG image selected but Force Awakens art is still showing as options to choose from. I cannot delete the wrong box art or BG, only add to the list. We need more control over how our movies are identified and displayed.

Comment

Working...
                X