Any update on future Firmware release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on future Firmware release?

Any update on the development status? . I am waiting for months for Atmos passthrough issue on Sony UHDs and New Hard disk found on every boot ..

Development continues, but nothing is happening this week due to the annual company meeting. I have not seen any other posts regarding "new hard disk found on every boot", how is your drive formatted? What method do you use to shut the unit down?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i am on 1010 firmware and it is formatted as ntfs.

Comment

Every time I power off the MS using the remote when I power back up it says a new disk drive is found. It has to rescan the disk. I also lose all of my favorites, I am also at 1010 as it is the most stable version for me.

Comment

Same with me and this was answered in a previous post of mine. It is a bug in 1.0.1.0. and will be fixed. I'm just not turning my server off for now.

Comment

Hmmm.... just got done with a month long chinese holiday, now we have a hiatus for annual company meeting, just makes me wonder if they do have any programers actually working on the firmware?

Customer service isn't what they seem to be striving for, this has been proven with the DB being in the cloud and said refusal to return it to local.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my MS, just seems to be too glitchy with TV Shows, and not being able to correct the wrong series or episodes, let alone being able to correct your Meta Data at the local level, all the while I keep reading, hold off on the update, 1010 is best until they get the next update... yet the next update never seems to be forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
              I'm just not turning my server off for now.
              That’s exactly what I was doing also for two reasons, the new HDD detected issue and to save my metadata from changing when it refreshes. I was safe doing it that way for a long time until I lost power at my house for only a second this week but it was enough for the DMS to reboot. Lost quite of few wall poster metadata and some has changed along with The Movie DB data base on line. Some of my TV mini-series I am having a hard time renaming them and getting the correct metadata for them, fussing with that for two days. I’m using 1.0.1.0 because I did try the other two releases after 1.0.1.0 and just didn’t have that much time to fix what was wrong. Not really hoping something comes out soon as another dated release unless it’s stable and not a lot of manpower to get it to work, looking much less on the lines of 1.0.1.0 but with having your movies and everything you set up on it as a ‘hard copy’ stored permanently on the hard drive. Really just make what works better.

Comment

All I have to say is if someone at my company broke the product, didn't listen to customer feedback, went on holiday instead of solving it, they would of been terminated, right now I consider my box a $250 paper weight, cause I am sick of fixing meta data, and bug after bug being released and failure to fix anything just release new features with more bugs and items people aren't screaming for.
                Don't get me wrong I am ok with my data being in the cloud and using it for batch editing say, but basic functionality like adding new content should not require the internet.
                Issues:
                1. UHD discs stutter, not all but any that have peak data rates and the disc being on NAS, I know its the box because I have a nuc that plays from the same source sitting right next to it running DVDFab Media Player and it works just fine, so no network speed issues, it just seems the current drivers don't allow for peaks in network traffic with high decode at the same time. Once it happens usually have to reboot.
                2. meta data meta data, for a company that has control of a huge portion of their users content source the lack of connectivity for meta data is outstanding, if I drop a disc into DVDFab, it should output a file that MS knows how to handle without me having to jump through 10 hours of BS.
                3. Meta data - seriously how can other systems handle it so much better than this, and any upgrade shouldn't require hours of fixing broken stuff every time.
                4. Audio passthrough, still getting issues with this of certain types of tracks.

We will soon start the 4th month of paper weight functionality due to lack of support at DVDFab, I love the ripper, the drm removal is beyond useless (total scam if you can't keep it current with updates from apple), love media player, just wish you would put the front end of MS on it for video libraries, would make a great pay for alternative to Kodi for local content, and Media Server, this project should have its manager terminated if they can't patch current releases and build future at the same time, this is basic software development management and please listen to your customers.

Frustrated.

Comment

Working...
                X