Scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning

I have had this happen twice. First, my HDD is a 4gb Seagate. I got a bunch of movies onto it at the computer, but then the Server would not recognize the drive. It wanted to format it. It did not format to NTFS, but something else. Now the computer cannot recognize it.

So I have to get the movies onto it through the server. Now, after the movie completes, it cannot be accessed. You attempt to play a movie, it says in a white stripe along the bottom.....scanning in progress. Please try again later.

So I recopy the movie, now it works, but I have two copies on the server and no way to get the duplicate movie off to release that memory for another movie. I checked and it says I have the latest firmware version just a few minutes ago.

If the computer cannot recognize the file format system the movie server formatted to, how can I access duplicate movies and remove them?

They may not actually be on the drive more than once. You can check it by clicking on Local Videos on the main page and then selecting your sata drive and explore it from there.The DMS formats drives using EXT4, which windows can't read. The Windows MBR type partition does not support 4TB drives, but you can change the partition to GPT type with NTFS and both the DMS and your PC will be able to use it. (This will erase everything on it however).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X