Still the same problem with spinning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still the same problem with spinning...

You had said this issue was resolved when manually matching the metadata. I searched and found the correct matches but the wheel spins forever. I have restarted the media server and it does not help.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/x5a22t.jpg

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab Movie Server.png Views:	1 Size:	2.8 KB ID:	352632
    Last edited by Logandros; 04-13-2018, 12:44 PM.

Please do not use offsite image hosting, it makes the forum record incomplete. Follow this guide for best results for posting images here:https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts

I did not experience what you show, but I only had one faulty poster. Try doing just one at a time.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please do not use offsite image hosting, it makes the forum record incomplete. Follow this guide for best results for posting images here:https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts

I did not experience what you show, but I only had one faulty poster. Try doing just one at a time.
      I tried just attaching the image to the forum but even when you choose large size it still only puts the thumbnail so that's why I uploaded it offsite. I did try doing it one at a time. I did the first one almost 12 hours ago and then tried more today. So how do I stop them from just spinning now?

Comment

I was able to cancel all 3 by using refresh metadata on each one. Now I tried just doing 1 and after I search and match the wheel just spins.

Comment

I can't duplicate what you are seeing with the spinning, but it can be caused by an overload of database searches, which would not be unusual after a major update such as v1020. I will send the DMS devs a link to this thread. Others have reported it as well, so it is not just you.

For the images, the forum will autoshrink very high quality jpgs to a smaller size, that is why I recommended using MS Paint to process and resize the image to the 700x500 limit and choosing the png output format. MS Paint jpgs and pngs should not be shrunk if they are 700x500 or smaller.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am having the spinning problem as well 11 movies that were recognized in MS Media manager, but are now missing. The issue with images and having to re-crop them to fit the program makes no sense. I have over a thousand titles with multiple images for each title. I'm not going to spend days re-cropping images to fit your size. Did it not occur to your development team that there are multiple sizes for images? Further the image size and title recognition issues did not happen with MS Media Manager. Can DVDFab bring back MS Media Manager and give users the option of using DMS or MS Media Manager. I prefer Media Manager because it worked. There is an old adage that DVDFab should tell their developers. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". In the mean time can I get instructions to roll back to the previous version where MS Media Manager worked?

Comment

I am not using offsite image hosting. The images are on my own internal server. As I explained before MS Media did not have these problems. Please bring it back.

Comment

I tried to update one at a time and I still get spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by defiantxab View Post
                  I prefer Media Manager because it worked. can I get instructions to roll back to the previous version where MS Media Manager worked?
                  This link still works to get back to 1.01.0, if you do not know how to install it, after downloading it, you might want to spend a little time going through some of the post on how to do it or reach out again in response.

Good Luck!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...update1010.zip

Comment

For the images, the forum will autoshrink very high quality jpgs to a smaller size, that is why I recommended using MS Paint to process and resize the image to the 700x500 limit and choosing the png output format. MS Paint jpgs and pngs should not be shrunk if they are 700x500 or smaller.
                    Do we need to do this to upload an image for a movie poster? I am confused. I thought everyone on here was talking about getting a correct movie poster from their local computer to update on the server,

Comment

I can't duplicate what you are seeing with the spinning, but it can be caused by an overload of database searches, which would not be unusual after a major update such as v1020. I will send the DMS devs a link to this thread. Others have reported it as well, so it is not just you.

He is referring to posting images on the forums, his response about images has nothing to do with the movie server.

Comment

Thanks, my response referred to both the DMS and posting images in the forum. The link I offered in post #2 relates only to images in the forum, not the DMS.

Comment

Working...
                        X